The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikalWGrass

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Hit respond before I could give the details: Sony a900 with mighty ZA 135/1.8. I threw a bit of light on the photos because the shots were taken at close to 9 pm. The shot in the middle was a blocked shot and backlit.

pegelli

Hit respond before I could give the details: Sony a900 with mighty ZA 135/1.8. I threw a bit of light on the photos because the shots were taken at close to 9 pm. The shot in the middle was a blocked shot and backlit.
Mikal, in the right/lower corner of your post is an "EDIT" button, which allows you to make changes or add more info to your first submission.

MikalWGrass

P, thank you. I was more worried about keeping the horizons straight.:ROTFL::clap::thumbs:

Last edited:

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

The Sony FE 70-200mm resolves remarkable at around 80mm at F8 (handheld)
Please click on "LARGER" link below

LARGER

dwood

^^^^

Love the composition of this picture, Barry. I think it shows that a) we all live in a beautiful world and b) how small we are in the grand scheme of things.

Barry Haines

^^^^

Love the composition of this picture, Barry. I think it shows that a) we all live in a beautiful world and b) how small we are in the grand scheme of things.
Thanks Doug, I'm always humbled when I see the ocean and it's immensity, we are rather small aren't we ;)
Like you I never tire of photographing it :)

I have to ask, are you considering getting the A7R2 and coming back over here my friend ?

Cheers Barry

dwood

Thanks Doug, I'm always humbled when I see the ocean and it's immensity, we are rather small aren't we ;)
Like you I never tire of photographing it :)

I have to ask, are you considering getting the A7R2 and coming back over here my friend ?

Cheers Barry
We're lucky to live near the sea, my friend. And her mood changes daily, which is fun for those of us who like to take her picture.

A7RII: I have to admit that I'm thinking about it, but so far I've resisted pressing the 'buy now' button. On paper, it looks like a really great camera. What are your plans?

Cheers,
Doug

Barry Haines

We're lucky to live near the sea, my friend. And her mood changes daily, which is fun for those of us who like to take her picture.

A7RII: I have to admit that I'm thinking about it, but so far I've resisted pressing the 'buy now' button. On paper, it looks like a really great camera. What are your plans?

Cheers,
Doug
Lucky indeed :)

Well it looks to be an excellent camera for sure Doug but I will probably wait a bit longer and see what others think of it first...I still think that an A9 is going to come along later this year and I will only end up kicking myself for not showing a little restraint now :mad:
The same goes for the Batis lenses as good as they sound...I'm still curious to see what the other upcoming Sony lenses are before jumping in to fast.
Cheers Barry

frozenbb

^^^^

Well said. It's a wonderfully executed and processed capture, Barry.

As for the lens used, it really does shine between about 75-150mm. But it never seemed quite up to scratch on the long end, so I ended up returning my copy. At times like this I'm tempted to buy it again!

Barry Haines

Well said. It's a wonderfully executed and processed capture, Barry.

As for the lens used, it really does shine between about 75-150mm. But it never seemed quite up to scratch on the long end, so I ended up returning my copy. At times like this I'm tempted to buy it again!
Thanks Tom, your take on the usable FL range on this lens with decent IQ is pretty much the same as mine, it's dissapointing at the long end but it does shine well stopped down for landscape photography between 75-150mm which is what I mostly do.

OT.
Sure I would love the 85mm Otus/Batis and the fast Zeiss APO/Sony 135mm lenses (within the range of the 70-200mm) but that would all mean carrying around a lot of extra weight when going on a longish hike across the moors or along the cliff tops if I only end up using them stopped down. The versatility of the 70-200mm is well worth it to me for precise framing as I can't always use my feet for zooming in and out with primes without perhaps falling over the edge of a cliff :( (Which I have nearly done on a number of occasions in the last year!).
I foresee myself using the Sony FE 16-35mm, 35mm F1.4, 55mm F1.8 and the 70-200mm for landscape/travel photography for a decent while yet or at least until I KNOW or have at least some idea of what Sony and Zeiss are planning to release in the nearish future (These 4 lenses allow me the luxury of sitting on the fence and waiting it out to see rather than jumping in head first, while the reviews come in and prices tumble from the initial excitement)...Personally I'm fed up being spoon fed with just the very latest offerings when I'm guessing Sony and Zeiss have perhaps something better up their sleeves which is what I could do with now:) As much as I love the 55mm F1.8 I would dearly like to see a very slightly faster f1.4 version with the same Sonnar rendering (not to heavy though) with the same or better IQ sharing the same 72mm filter thread as the 16-35mm/35mm f1.4/70-200mm lenses that would simplify things for me a lot...The icing on the cake would be the external apperture ring as the 35mm f1.4 has if you are listening Sony TIA :D
Then the 35mm F1.4 and a new possible 50/55mm f1.4 would form the centre core of making up a street shooting outfit for me. I would then possibly add the faster lenses slightly wider and longer to that once I can see what I can choose from...Cheers Barry

Barry Haines

SEED by Peter Randall-Page (Platinum Toned)
Seed is one of the biggest sculptures in history made from a single piece of rock, Seed started life as a 167-tonne granite boulder extracted from De Lank Quarry, on the edge of Cornwall's Bodmin Moor, where Peter and his team spent more than two years painstakingly sculpting the rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.