The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Check your ISO settings, the shot looks grainy. :ROTFL:
Hi Carlos, I think I may just be able to help you with this upgrade :thumbs:
I don't promise that these will remove the grain out of granite :scry:
but they may just help you to see the ISO 100 exif in flickr clearer :D

http://www.geekalerts.com/iwipers-windshield-wiper-eyeglasses/

iwipers (win/mac) make a difference so I'm told... Cheers Barry

Annna T

SEED by Peter Randall-Page (Platinum Toned)
Seed is one of the biggest sculptures in history made from a single piece of rock, Seed started life as a 167-tonne granite boulder extracted from De Lank Quarry, on the edge of Cornwall's Bodmin Moor, where Peter and his team spent more than two years painstakingly sculpting the rock.
Your pictures are delicately beautiful. I love the tones and the light. I do also appreciate that you always take great care to add caption or explanations to your pictures. Like the location or special characteristics like here. May be it is my documentary side, but I like to know where a picture has been taken and/or a bit of background ( context, history etc.)

As a side note, I would really like to know the color of this granite ! Was it near white ? Light grey ? With a little rosa or green grains ? The impression is that it should be near white..

Btw : I wasn't aware that there was granite in the UK. I thought it was a recent rock formation, mostly found in the mountains..

V

Vivek

There is so much discussion about a rock. I was curious about the "one of the largest sculpture in history" remark, Barry. Looks very tiny to me compared to some I have seen.

The tonality work is amazing but it comes from Barry Haines. So, no surprises there. You set the standards and only you better it. :)

Barry Haines

Your pictures are delicately beautiful. I love the tones and the light. I do also appreciate that you always take great care to add caption or explanations to your pictures. Like the location or special characteristics like here. May be it is my documentary side, but I like to know where a picture has been taken and/or a bit of background ( context, history etc.)

As a side note, I would really like to know the color of this granite ! Was it near white ? Light grey ? With a little rosa or green grains ? The impression is that it should be near white..

Btw : I wasn't aware that there was granite in the UK. I thought it was a recent rock formation, mostly found in the mountains..

There is so much discussion about a rock. I was curious about the "one of the largest sculpture in history" remark, Barry. Looks very tiny to me compared to some I have seen.

The tonality work is amazing but it comes from Barry Haines. So, no surprises there. You set the standards and only you better it. :)

First of all thank you both Annna and Vivek for the very kind words, you are both too kind :) I shall reply in one post on this occasion.
I was deliberately holding back just for now where this sculpture was being shown, for the reason that I have a lot more images to show from that area, trying to add a little suspense I suppose...All would have been revealed later ;)
My comment was cribbed from the link below...
http://www.edenproject.com/visit/whats-here/seed-sculpture
The sculpture does not look that large I agree, nonetheless the "Seed" was lowered into the centre of the Eden Project Core in 2007 using the largest crane in Europe!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU0boVX6b4k
The natural colour of the granite is near white (without any slight coloured tints I would say other than a little natural grey in the mix), unfortunately it has a patina at the base of thousands or possibly millions of dirty hands touching it (It's very tactile)...That is why I converted it into BW with some platinum toning going on to disguise the multicolours and hopefully make it look just a little bit more attractive.
Cornwall is known for it's granite, it's honestly just about everywhere you look as Jono or any other Cornishman/woman would attest.

Some more links for those interested...
Video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dig0UcTUUYQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0AP2D4MOjM
Info...
http://peterrandall-page.com/edenproject/stone7/install-1.htm

Cheers Barry

biglouis

"Damn neighbours cat, always hanging around the house and then looking so damn cute."
Sony A7S+FE55/1.8

gurtch

Shot last week. A7R & Zeiss 16-35 lens at 16mm, 1/160 sec, f11, ISO 200 Processed in DXO
Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ

etrigan63

Looks like the set from "The Hunger Games" where the games took place, only smaller (in the book, the dome of the games covered several square miles).

Any way, I tried out my home-brew single-row pano rig at Tropical Park today (finally had some nice weather instead of our usual afternoon monsoon):

Tropical Park by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

I am having some trouble finding nodal points. I have read every article and seen every video and it doesn't work for me. I have to resort to firing off sets of images and taking notes of the settings. I am very close with this set.

sjg284

One of my favorite random Sony shots lately

A7s & FE35

(not shooting much other than lightweight Leica X at moment while wrist injury heals)

DLP

Sunset, Red Bluff, Kalbarri, Western Australia
a7ii + FE 1635

Sunset, Red Bluff, Kalbarri, Western Australia
a7ii + FE 1635

Slingers

Dusky leaf monkey with baby

I had a strange experience today. I was being questioned by 3 men in a foreign language about which A7 camera I had and the 70-200G FE lens I was using. People afterwards were asking me them because of them.

scho

Two shots taken today with the A7R+Leica R 50 Cron.

Status
Not open for further replies.