The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim DE

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Just look at it as the quiet before the storm... Give it 3 weeks and a7rII posts will fill the Sony page everyday ;)

I can see it now I don't like this, best ----- ever made, wish it had ------, they should of done this, gonna get this or that, ..... Etc

From what I am seeing on pre orders this a7rII introduction will be of epic proportions especially from other manufacturer users testing these waters. I am getting my drink and popcorn ready as this is gonna be a big time show on all the various Photography forums. Think about it when have we seen the Sony online store run out of bodies to pre order in the first few hours and stop taking pre orders again until just the other day? It's gonna be a wild ride very shortly ;-)

Last edited:

pegelli

Just look at it as the quiet before the storm... Give it 3 weeks and a7rII posts will fill the Sony page everyday ;)
I'm afraid not, they will probably all go to the dedicated A7 series thread and still leave the other cameras orphaned in this general Sony thread :banghead:

But that doesn't stop me from posting here :toocool:

A quiet evening in the Jing'An sculpture park in Shanghai

NEX5 + E10-18/4

Leigh

No doubt the film used was only sensitive to blue light, so the viewfinder accurately presented the tonality of the photo.

- Leigh

An oldie, anybody have an idea why the "viewfinder" has a blue glass/filter?

NEX6 + MC Rokkor 58/1.4 @ f2.8

doug

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

a7II, Canon FD 500mm f/4.5 L:

Love the zebras when exposing for detail in white plumage :)

MikalWGrass

Two shots from the Florida State Sunshine Games water polo tournament. Sony a900 w/ Sony 70-200/2.8G. May have used the 1.4x extender. Cropped. I didn't dial down the blues because the water was pretty much that color. The late afternoon sun was shining in the backhand post, so the skin colors are that orangey late afternoon Florida sun color. I really have to start shooting something else. No weddings. Thank you in advance for any likes.:clap:

Backhand1c by Mikal Grass, on Flickr

BigBoys2m by Mikal Grass, on Flickr

MikalWGrass

The guys with the new cameras will extoll the virtues of the new camera (the IQ, autofocus, sensor, etc.) but their photos will look no different on this forum than their other photos that were taken with "lesser" cameras. After a while, the kvelling becomes ponderous.

Like P, I am content to post on this forum until my a900 dies in my hands at a water polo tournament or a swim meet.

etrigan63

From our recent trip to Spain:

Chapel in the Cathedral of Oviedo

Vegetables (yes, I know that tomatoes are a fruit)

Flowers

Gijon Marina

Gijon Beach

Luarca

More images here.

scho

Took a steamy walk around the ponds and wetland at Cornell's Sapsucker Woods lab of ornithology. A7R+CV f/4.5 15mmIII.

Looking towards the lab at the far end of the pond.

If it gets too hot and buggy you can go into the lab for air conditioned comfort and still watch/photograph/listen to birds (the pond and swamp are wired for sound that is piped into loudspeakers in the viewing gallery).

scho

One more shot with the A7R+CV15mmIII of Sapsucker Woods swamp near the lab.

Malina DZ

Louboutin's Red
a100+85/1.4ZA
I feel perplexed after trying to replicate the original Red hue of these Louboutins. Always thought a100 could capture reds with better accuracy than a850 does, but they both fail in doing it.
I'm working in LR. My screen supports adobeRGB color space. sRGB can't fathom this color.
Is it even possible to present a color accurately in sRGB color space when original hue is out of sRGB gamut? Simple color space conversion doesn't work in this case.

etrigan63

More from Spain:

Cathedral Beach (Praia A Catedral)

A Beggar and his dog - Santiago de Compostela

Getting Ready for Business - Santiago de Compostela

British Pilgrims Getting Oriented

Outside the Cathedral of St. Francis of Assisi

Status
Not open for further replies.