The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

I'm working in LR. My screen supports adobeRGB color space. sRGB can't fathom this color.
Is it even possible to present a color accurately in sRGB color space when original hue is out of sRGB gamut? Simple color space conversion doesn't work in this case.
I think you'll be out of luck here, out of gamut means it can't be shown. Still nice shoes :thumbup:

Malina DZ

out of gamut means it can't be shown.
That is raising many questions that are destined for a different topic about color output. Wish camera manufacturers showed in their spec sheets how many billions of colors their cameras can record with 100% accuracy. What's the point in spending money on wide-gamut color monitor when your camera can't record what the screen is capable to display... or is it the other way around? :confused:

sjg284

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Some Sony A7s & FE35/2.8
Took a walk down the Hudson in yesterdays heat...

pegelli

The sunset over the sea in Knokke last weekend was spectacular. I pulled back the red saturation on this one, since some of the reds in the sky were outside the sRGB gamut, so it was really like this, no exxageration (to the contrary)

NEX6 + OM Zuiko 200/4

Malina, if you ever find a way to show better reds in sRGB let me know, this picture needs some of that as well.

Malina DZ

The sunset over the sea in Knokke last weekend was spectacular....so it was really like this, no exxageration (to the contrary)
I see amazing sunsets daily, but I can't record and display the scenery at its full glory as I witnessed it. Not sure who/what to blame here. They say the tech gets better and better, but it is nothing like reality no matter how hard they push their products.
I don't have any solution for restoring out of gamut reds in sRGB, Pegelli, but working/showcasing images on a wide gamut adobeRGB monitor. Though adobeRGB can struggle with accurate rendition of reds tones at times.

W.Utsch

No Newton's in the original file, that's Jpeg compression, Flicker's work...

Cheers to everybody with my best wishes for the weekend....

Werner

biglouis

Cold War Field (RAF Neatishead, radar no longer in service) - A7S+CZ55/1.8

biglouis

^^^^ I wonder if they have come searching for whales? ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.