The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

craygc

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Sony A7II + Zeiss 50mm C-Sonnar (#1..4) / Leica 35 Lux Asph v1 (#5)

jfirneno

Re: Fun with sony A7RII images

My A7RII arrived around midday, along with a new Sony 16-35 F4 OSS lens.

Here is a link to a full rezz jpeg decoded without adjustment from RAW in ACR9.1 from one of the first shots i have taken. Large file.

QUOTE]

Quentin:
Thanks for sharing your exciting info. The images look very rich (as a good Sony sensor should produce!). By any chance have you anything to report on the autofocus performance? Always interested in how close mirrorless is getting to DSLR AF capability.

Last edited:

dwood

Thanks for sharing your pics, Quentin. These look very, very good. As an aside, isn't it remarkable that we photographers have access to picture making tools like this that are reasonably affordable? We all tend to nitpick at times: if only the camera had 'this' feature or this lens looks great but the corners are slightly soft wide open, etc., etc. I think the manufacturers of these modern day cameras and lenses that we're using deserve some big kudos. They're really building world-class products at prices that don't require a 2nd mortgage to obtain.

Quentin_Bargate

Thanks for sharing your pics, Quentin. These look very, very good. As an aside, isn't it remarkable that we photographers have access to picture making tools like this that are reasonably affordable? We all tend to nitpick at times: if only the camera had 'this' feature or this lens looks great but the corners are slightly soft wide open, etc., etc. I think the manufacturers of these modern day cameras and lenses that we're using deserve some big kudos. They're really building world-class products at prices that don't require a 2nd mortgage to obtain.
i have hardly had more than a few minutes with this camera or lens, but my immediate impression is that the image quality looks to be exceptional. Slightly low contrast, but that's not a problem because its easy to enhance. Good colour.

No time yet even to read the manual or for a view about focus speed, save to say its obviously faster than the A7r. Tech is good but its still the photographer that counts.

Quentin

Pradeep

Well, some do require a 2nd mortgage even in this day and age :p

But seriously though, I agree completely, we're all spoilt and yet want more, more. Not that long ago we were struggling with film and slides, unable to print large or print at all.

As I've been saying, these are truly interesting times......

Great pictures Quentin, BTW, the camera truly looks very promising. Thanks for posting.

Ken_R

Thanks for sharing the images. Not many A7RII files have been posted since the camera has not been widely shipped yet.

The sensor looks like it will score above 100 on the DXo ratings easily. Noise is basically non-existent even in the shadows. The blue sky is extremely clean too. I can see that the lens is not up to the sensor (away from the center which is very sharp) but is still good.

Only downside I see is that the sensor is just too good, too clean. No "character". But for those who always want more Dynamic Range and cleaner images looks like the sensor of the A7RII is the best ever made. Impressive show of tech prowess by Sony. It will CRUSH every other sensor made in regards to low noise and Dynamic range.

Thanks for sharing the images. Not many A7RII files have been posted since the camera has not been widely shipped yet.

The sensor looks like it will score above 100 on the DXo ratings easily. Noise is basically non-existent even in the shadows. The blue sky is extremely clean too. I can see that the lens is not up to the sensor (away from the center which is very sharp) but is still good.

Only downside I see is that the sensor is just too good, too clean. No "character". But for those who always want more Dynamic Range and cleaner images looks like the sensor of the A7RII is the best ever made. Impressive show of tech prowess by Sony. It will CRUSH every other sensor made in regards to low noise and Dynamic range.
You can always add more grain/character later in post-process.

Jim DE

Ken I guess on the top right at the bricks I can see some of what you are referring to but maybe my expectations are lower than yours but for a wide angle lens I expect far more of that unsharpness than what we see on that image. Personally I would be a very happy camper to shoot at UWA and get even twice that unsharpness in the far corners. I think it looks excellent especially for a UWA zoom and can't wait to try my new 16-35 on that body.

Quentin, so far your images are the best I have seen and it is making Aug 4th seem a very long way away :( ....... Thanks again...

Quentin_Bargate

Ken I guess on the top right at the bricks I can see some of what you are referring to but maybe my expectations are lower than yours but for a wide angle lens I expect far more of that unsharpness than what we see on that image. Personally I would be a very happy camper to shoot at UWA and get even twice that unsharpness in the far corners. I think it looks excellent especially for a UWA zoom and can't wait to try my new 16-35 on that body.

Quentin, so far your images are the best I have seen and it is making Aug 4th seem a very long way away :( ....... Thanks again...
Here is an evening window shot at 1000 ISO.

You are going to like this camera :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.