The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Fun with sony A7RII images

Have fun the Zeiss Sony 35 1.4 is just a beauty. MY Batis 25 comes today. Im really excited about this lens. I lost a kidney over it. LOL

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Looks like this thread is rapidly becoming oldfashioned. Although I do hope all the A7RII images will end up in this thread also. :)

Knorp

Looks like this thread is rapidly becoming oldfashioned. Although I do hope all the A7RII images will end up in this thread also. :)
Michiel, you'll be a minority before you can say ILCE-A7RII

"We Are the A7RII. You Will be Assimilated. Resistance is Futile"

Take care ... :p

tashley

Subscriber Member

You gotta love the 24-70 F4 on the MkII... it has all its old weaknesses for sure but it still manages to step up to meet the new resolution in plenty areas of the frame....This looks fab on a retina screen at 1:1 zoom, which with this screen @220 dpi equates almost exactly to a 36" print on the long side. That would be a 44" print on the long side @180 ppi and I suspect it would run to that quite happily

F5.6 at 41mm ISO 100

Original size HQ JPEG HERE

Last edited:

Knorp

Elmarit M 90 with CV close-focus adaptor. Just messing around
Nik colorefex pro
Sorry David, but for now I'd like to see the A7R2's gorgeous colours ! This one is perfect !
Keep messing around ;)

Kind regards.

Barry Haines

Michiel, +1
& I like old fashioned :D

Photographed this some weeks ago on a side of a building down in St. Ives :eek:
I was on a photographic walkabout with Ron Pfister at the time whilst trying out his “modern” A7II Sony camera ;)
Apologies in advance for lowering the tone of this thread :angel:

Johnny_Johnson

As long as we're having fun - Elvis in a strange land - On a recent visit to St. Johns, Newfoundland.

A7 20150703-0025.jpg

Sony A7II & Contax C/Y 2.8/28

Guy Mancuso

I'm being very careful how I word this A7rII= Film. Do not repeat those words , the photo Gods will strike me down to my knees.

Seriously the look of these files has me really excited. Need more time on it though

scho

Three panos shot with the A7RII+Samyang 24mm f/3.5 TS. This lens does not have the build quality of the Canon 24 TSE, but not too bad optically. Flare sensitive when shooting into the sun. All panos consist of two shifted shots each with 1.5 degrees tilt, ISO 50, f/8.

Last edited:

Johnny_Johnson

Hi Barry, thanks for your comment. I, on the other hand, have enjoyed almost every image that I have seen you post, especially the color ones. Someone made the comment, several months back, that you had been kind enough to share your tone mapping work flow. Do you by any chance have a reference to that/those messages?

Thanks again,
Johnny

Quentin_Bargate

Personally, I tolerate the 24-70 f/4, rather than love it. Its one of the weaker Zeiss lenses, and too slow, in my opinion.

But it can be useful.

You gotta love the 24-70 F4 on the MkII... it has all its old weaknesses for sure but it still manages to step up to meet the new resolution in plenty areas of the frame....This looks fab on a retina screen at 1:1 zoom, which with this screen @220 dpi equates almost exactly to a 36" print on the long side. That would be a 44" print on the long side @180 ppi and I suspect it would run to that quite happily

Guy Mancuso

The Batis 25 has landed. I gave up a kidney for this little thing. Might be well worth it too.

Very overcast so i had to juice it up a little

Light was so flat so lets do B&W

Okay it is going to ring my bell. LOL

Barry Haines

Hi Barry, thanks for your comment. I, on the other hand, have enjoyed almost every image that I have seen you post, especially the color ones. Someone made the comment, several months back, that you had been kind enough to share your tone mapping work flow. Do you by any chance have a reference to that/those messages?

Thanks again,
Johnny
Thank you Johnny for those very kind words...very most appreciated.
I had to do a search for what I think you are referring to..I think this is it below.
To be honest I am constantly playing around with different ideas but I still like this method :)

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/50257-fun-sony-a7-series-cameras-all-them-100.html#post639020

Cheers Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.