The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny_Johnson

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Thank you Johnny for those very kind words...very most appreciated.
I had to do a search for what I think you are referring to..I think this is it below.
To be honest I am constantly playing around with different ideas but I still like this method :)

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/50257-fun-sony-a7-series-cameras-all-them-100.html#post639020

Cheers Barry
Thanks a bunch for the link Barry. I'll check it out. I've especially liked your processing on a number of scenes of sea side villages and I have several shots of fishing villages in Newfoundland that I'd like to try it on. If I get anything decent looking I'll post the results here and give you credit.

Back to the scheduled programing.

Johnny

Barry Haines

Thanks a bunch for the link Barry. I'll check it out. I've especially liked your processing on a number of scenes of sea side villages and I have several shots of fishing villages in Newfoundland that I'd like to try it on. If I get anything decent looking I'll post the results here and give you credit.

Back to the scheduled programing.

Johnny
Hi Johnny, don't worry about the credit thingy but please send me a link to what you have done...more importantly just have fun playing around with your images :thumbs: Cheers Barry

Edit (pic added)...A sleepy little Cornish fishing village ;)

Last edited:

MikalWGrass

Re: Fun with sony A7RII images

Photos look good, but no different on my monitor and to my 54 yr old eyes, than the excellent work that everyone did with their previous gear. Anyone shoot of does anyone plan on shooting things in motion so we can get a report on how well the camera focuses on rapidly moving objects? Auto racing doesn't count because the cars can be tracked. Thanks.

I have been busy so didn't have time to take any picture. However, my A7RII arrived in the late afternoon today so I made an exception. I have a vested interest in the RF lens performance on this body so I couldn't wait :D.

Anyway, on the way back from my usual test site, I took this picture. It's at ISO 1000 but the DR is still phenomenal, truly. I didn't even need to bracket. And darn, the shutter sound of this camera is so lovely. I would say full mechanical shutter is as quiet as my A7s' EFCS. Love the camera, huge step forward really.

ZM 15

retow

Photos look good, but no different on my monitor and to my 54 yr old eyes, than the excellent work that everyone did with their previous gear. Anyone shoot of does anyone plan on shooting things in motion so we can get a report on how well the camera focuses on rapidly moving objects? Auto racing doesn't count because the cars can be tracked. Thanks.
Sony 28mm with A7IIr. Iso 100, f6.3, 1/15 shutter speed. Impossible with the previous gear A7r (which I still have). The file quality might have improved marginally only, but the usability of the youngest A7 is substantially superior.

DSC04465.jpg

scho

A few shots taken today at the Cornell arboretum. All handheld using both the Sony FE28mm f/2 and CV 15mm f/4.5 Super Heliar III. Click image for link to full size. I agree with Guy that this version of the CV 15 is really outstanding.

First two with the Sony 28/2

Three with the CV15

scho

Hi Carl

The CV15 looks good. Is it a match, or better, than the 16-35mm Zeiss F4 ?

Cheers.
Hi Quentin,

I think that the CV 15 III is better than my copy of the Zeiss was at 16. I sold my copy of the Zeiss 16-35, not because of image quality problems, but rather ergonomics and bulk. I prefer smaller primes.

JMaher

Is the CV15 III that much better than the Rokinon 14 2.8? I like that the Rokinon is an FE mount but it is large.

Jim?

D

Deleted member 7792

B&H and UPS delivered today.

Joe

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Hi Quentin,

I think that the CV 15 III is better than my copy of the Zeiss was at 16. I sold my copy of the Zeiss 16-35, not because of image quality problems, but rather ergonomics and bulk. I prefer smaller primes.
Same here. For me the bottom line on the 16-35 was very good from 16- 24 after that just okay. The VC 15 has less distortion , smaller filter size and really small. Also during my corner test the VC was stellar even wide open. The zoom was good at F8. I also wanted the Batis 25 so the zoom made no sense and I have the 35 1.4. Personally 3 of the best lenses you can put on this body.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Guy, can you confirm Batis compatibility with a7RII 399-points phase-detect AF?
It's a thing of beauty. Same with the Batis 85. I got focus points going everywhere . Freaking awesome. I'm going all native except for the VC 15. Here is my opinion on the matter. First I don't have any canons and buying them makes no sense. Second I bought this cam to get every dang AF point I can find. On continuous with my 3 for now native lenses both Batis's and the 35 1.4 . I can put the camera on continuous AFC than on wide it will completely track across the whole scree. Thing 2 year old here, you can't miss them it tracks them everywhere. Or I can take the flexable focus point put it on a vertical shoot a model walking the runway and it will track whatever I put that AF point on. You get a bunch of options here o given how good these lenses are this makes sense to me. Of course don't overlook the A mount SSM lenses with the LA-Ea3 and you should get the same abilities. Think maybe there 70-200 2.8

I'm probably going to buy the 70-200 F4. My Sigma 24-70 is on the block it needs the LA-ea 4 and I'm not buying that again

doug

Juvenile Black-necked Stilt

a7II, Canon FD 500mm f/4.5 L and Leica 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R + 1.4x APO-Extender-R

Status
Not open for further replies.