The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Summer sky over the Cornell University skyline. Shot using A7RII+Leica R 50mm Summicron. Two shot stitch.

eleanorbrown

Re: Fun with sony A7RII images

More of the same, Fort Collins, CO Old Town. I was interested is file smoothness, dynamic range, shadow detail, etc at iso 100. Not necessarily technically perfect as I was shooting casually and fast, grabbing shots here and there. Zeiss 35mm 1.4 on Sony A7RII....Eleanor

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Viramati

So this was taken of myself by a friend who had never held the camera before and it is with the FE16-35 at 35mm at f4 and 1/60sec . Now his lens is supposed not supposed to be at it's best wide open and at 35mm but when I view my face at 100% it is plenty sharp and I'm not in the centre of the frame.

Question. Is it possible that a lens would perform better on the A7rII because of the backlight sensor? Or maybe I'm just imagining things not be used to this high resolution

Attachments

scho

More summer skies. This time over farmland planted with sunflowers. These were just quick roadside snaps with the A7RII+CV 15mm III. I need to go out and drive around these fields to get a better vantage point on a downhill slope.

Knorp

Can't match your great landscapes, Barry !
I'm more focused on close-ups, I'm afraid.

Anyway, here's "test" shot of my lovely Belgium vase with the Zuiko 55/1.2

Note: in case you didn't notice: I'm always posting test shots ... :rolleyes:

Knorp

From Sunday's visit to Staverden

lens: voigtländer nokton 1:1.2/35mm

V

Vivek

Question. Is it possible that a lens would perform better on the A7rII because of the backlight sensor? Or maybe I'm just imagining things not be used to this high resolution
It is higher in resolution compared to the A7II? The absence of AA filter could be a major factor. The backlit sensor should allow for better light gathering (compared to A7r's) that would translate to sensitivity rather than sharpness- I would think.

dandrewk

These are from the Butchart Gardens, just north of Victoria in British Columbia, Canada. This is one of the most lovely garden spots in the world. It's total eye candy, even if you don't have a camera.

You gotta be careful though. When you go there, it's easy to quickly get overwhelmed with all the photographic possibilities. I didn't have time to do any macro work, so I just concentrated on color. And this place has LOTS of that! :D

All taken with A7II. First image is with FE24-70, last two with FE55.

rhern213

I very much like the ISO performance so far.

These are at night with the 55mm at 1.8 wide open, hand held, 1000 iso, about 1/50-1/60.

Converted in C1 with 0 processing of any kind.

_DSC5194.jpg

_DSC5198.jpg

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Let's keep this thread up there with the others :cool:

At the beach in Knokke

NEX6 + MD Rokkor-X 45/2

Jim DE

biglouis, excellent shot as all your 90mm macro shots have been..... in fact it is your shots that have convinced me to get the 90 instead of the Batis 85 in the future. The change it FE is going to cost me a bundle I can see this already as my lens list is a 70-200, 90 macro, 35 1.4, and possibly the 25 Batis.......

I see a bunch of my Minolta screwdrives going out the door ........

biglouis

Thanks. WOW! Great lens and terrific shot!
Imagine, what that would look if taken with the A7RII?
Thanks for the comment. I also own an A7R and I switch between the two. On a cloudy overcast day like today being able to work at iso3200 with no appreciable noise is the benefit of the A7S but the trade off is of course in file size. Now, the big question is the noise level at iso3200 on the A7RII?

Not so long ago such a shot would have unthinkable!

Nicely done, Louis!:)
Indeed. The real power of the A7S. I've tried using macro flashes but I much prefer a natural light look and as stated above iso3200 in good light with a fast speed is almost noiseless. Or rather the noise looks like very nice grain, imho.

biglouis, excellent shot as all your 90mm macro shots have been..... in fact it is your shots that have convinced me to get the 90 instead of the Batis 85 in the future. The change it FE is going to cost me a bundle I can see this already as my lens list is a 70-200, 90 macro, 35 1.4, and possibly the 25 Batis.......

I see a bunch of my Minolta screwdrives going out the door ........
As I've stated elsewhere. If portrait photography is your thing then the Batis is a no-brainer. I do very few people shots and I cheat by using the 55/1.8 as my portrait lens. If you like macro, which I like to dabble in for the challenge, then this is one fantastic lens. The more I use it the more I feel kudos to the designers - not just optically but ergonomically, as well. If this is the quality of G lenses I wouldn't hesitate to purchase more in the future.

Thanks again for your kind comments.

LouisB

k-hawinkler

Thanks LouisB.
I have also an A7R and three IBIS cameras from Olympus, waiting for my A7RII to arrive.
There is no doubt in my mind that your lens on an A7RII will be optimal, given the choices.
ISO 3200 should be no challenge for the A7RII. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.