The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggibson

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

I picked up the 24-240mm for my A7 last month, but I haven't had much occasion to test it out yet. Here are a couple of photos from my garden. The lens creates a really smooth OOF rendering for small objects like these at 240mm, even at f6.3 (the widest aperture). On shorter focal lengths or larger objects (like people), the OOF rendering is a bit busier. Still, all in all, a very nice lens so far.

eleanorbrown

Trying a change in lens today with my A7RII. Using the Zeiss Otus 55 1.4 lens at iso 50. Walked down the path by my house with camera on a tripod here in Colorado and shot some aspens. Good micro detail in the aspen I focused on and smooth bokeh. Eleanor

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Michiel Schierbeek

I shouldn't be there :p
Actually a great super small lens for this kind of work. No distortion at all.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Man these little suckers tested me like no other today. Wow are the hard to shoot on the fly. There only about the size of your pinky and there going so fast its amazing to even see them.

Using AF was very difficult just to small to pick up. Finally I went manual and put the 85 Batis in crop mode. Nailed this one ISO 800
1/1250 of a sec at F3.2

He just landed

D

Deleted member 7792

New camera, new lens, trespassing on my neighbors property - priceless!

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.