The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

This is the tiny Chapel of St Michael at the top of where once stood an Iron Age hill fort at Rame head
http://www.britainexpress.com/counties/cornwall/churches/rame-chapel.htm
I have tried to show in and around the area where the Chapel stands to give you a better feel for this lonely place
At the rear of the Chapel you can just make out the two WW2 gun emplacements...Cheers Barry
(A7R + 16-35mm and 70-200mm FE...Taken in the early evening)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Hold it . I am a shooting genius. LOL

I actually nailed one mid flight. Hot damn

Guy Mancuso

ISO 800 1/1600 F3.2 85mm in crop mode..

Really the way to shoot these little guys is with a flash they move so damn fast

D

Deleted member 7792

More trespassing ;)

Hand-held, ISO 4000

Joe

Guy Mancuso

Joe you keep going there they are going to start charging you rent. LOL

Actually we have here in Phoenix a butterfly sanctuary that was built a few months back and you can go in and have a field day shooting. I need to get over there at some point

D

Deleted member 7792

Joe you keep going there they are going to start charging you rent. LOL

Actually we have here in Phoenix a butterfly sanctuary that was built a few months back and you can go in and have a field day shooting. I need to get over there at some point
Guy, there's one in Durham too, but I'm too lazy to drive over. With my neighbor's backyard so close, why bother? :ROTFL:

Joe

Barry Haines

Per chance I took a quick snap of this dreary old derelict building 18 months ago whilst on a walkabout in Weston Super Mare.
It was known back then to the locals as the Tropicana (You can just make out the impression of the name on the stonework).
Who would have believed back then that it would now be the...Worlds Number 1 Bemusement Park – “DISMALAND” thanks to Banksy et al.
No PP to brighten it up, as the drab exterior kind of suits I feel :ROTFL:
Please click on DISMALAND TODAY link to see the not so dreary transformation...Cheers Barry

eleanorbrown

I actually had no intention to post any image from the lens/camera test series (for sharpness and micro contrast) but I decided to go ahead as I like what I'm seeing using my A7RII. Here I was testing the Zeiss 100 f2 (Nikon mount) on my new Sony. I have a trip scheduled to southern Utah and trying to decide which lenses to take for the Sony. I am not taking my Nikon D810 or Phase One P65+. Only the Sony. I feel this camera has been getting a bad wrap in some cases and I'm really liking it. Would I like to have lossless RAWs...absolutely...but beyond that I think the camera is incredible and with really good lenses I'm getting awesome results . Here is a test shot using the Zeiss 100 f2. iso 50, on tripod. I seem to remember this was at f 2.8. Excellent micro contrast on my Zeiss Otus 55, Zeiss 35mm 1.4, and this Zeiss 100 f2. Eleanor

[/URL][/IMG]

jlm

Workshop Member

RII, 35mm f2.8

- - - Updated - - -

RII, canon 17mm, f8, shifted all the way, polarizer

- - - Updated - - -

17mm as above

jlm

Workshop Member

17 again, last one. these are about 2 blocks from my home in NYC

this was hand held (pretty fast shutter speed) but the other 17's were on a tripod; and Guy and Eleanor: i did not have the steady shot turned off for the tripod shots either

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Polarizer and water and no pesterization! hmm.. What are you doing wrong, jlm? :bugeyes:

jlm

Workshop Member

the polarizer on the 17mm is about 6" diameter! used it to darken the blue in the sky. not any vignetting or color cast at full shift in the long direction

bradhusick

I am amazed by the resolution of the A7R-II.

Full frame, then 100% crop from top of the image...Screen Shot 2015-08-22 at 3.16.55 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-08-22 at 3.21.46 PM.jpg

1/10 sec., F22, ISO 50, at 35mm on 24-70 F/4 lens.

scho

Unsettled skies over Cayuga Lake. A7RII+Sony FE 28mm f/2.

Status
Not open for further replies.