The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Outstanding 90 mm macro shots folks. Detail is amazing.

Have t say Sony lovers we are starting to get some really nice native glass

Quentin_Bargate

Another church image from Altarnun Church, 3.2 sec, F/11 with the 16-35mm on the A7RII, at 16mm

jlm

Workshop Member

eleanor: i am seeing some vignetting in the two images; any idea what that is from? Hood? added in post?

jm

eleanorbrown

Yes I do....I usually put a little and sometimes a lot of vignetting in C1 before processing. I don't always do this but most of the time I do. It's not from the lens :) Eleanor

eleanor: i am seeing some vignetting in the two images; any idea what that is from? Hood? added in post?

jm

Quentin_Bargate

It's been raining all day, but it finally stopped for long enough to wander around the garden with the A7RII and the fabulous 90mm F/2.8 G OSS lens

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Thanks pegelli!
I've never seen this model of a Citroën before :) Is it still running?
It's called the Citroën HY. This one isn't running, but the guy has 6 or 7 and is restoring them back into working order. Most were closed but this one is a much rarer pick-up version, so I guess one day this one can also go back on the road again.

Barry Haines

This fairly isolated reservoir is 900ft above sea level up on Dartmoor (where it rains quite heavily :( ), surrounded by beautiful open moorland.

D

Deleted member 7792

It's been raining all day, but it finally stopped for long enough to wander around the garden with the A7RII and the fabulous 90mm F/2.8 G OSS lens
Simply beautiful. Excellent compositions, color, DOF and the magical effect of a recent rain. Thanks for sharing these. :thumbs:

Joe

V

Vivek

Simply beautiful. Excellent compositions, color, DOF and the magical effect of a recent rain. Thanks for sharing these. :thumbs:

Joe
Not bad for a "disposable" camera. :grin:

D

Deleted member 7792

Hand-held with the a7RII and FE 90mm Macro:

100% crop of head and upper body:

DOF is very shallow and these critters are twitchy. I'm just old and shaky. IBIS and AF are invaluable.

Joe

frozenbb

Joe, the bokeh of the FE 90 (at least in your butterfly shot above) reminds me of the old Minolta AF 100. I'm honestly curious whether Sony borrowed the optical formula for their latest e mount macro offering. The Minolta isn't a bad lens by any means, though for handheld macro shooting, stabilization is a must.

Anyone around here own both and feel like doing a simple comparison?

SamSS

The Fly's stare
a7 + FE90 @ f11, iso-100, 1/60

A honey bee on daisies
@ f16, iso-100, 1/200

Got to share my hot & spicy pepper tree :)
PS. If you look hard enough, you'll find a tiny itsy bitsy bug from the larger view.
@ f4, iso-100, 1/60

Last edited:

Slingers

Just picked up a 10x15" print of this image. Really happy with all the prints I've been getting from the A7S.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.