The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

A few shots taken with my newly converted A7R-FS and the Sony FE 90/2.8 Macro. All with no filter on the lens.

Faux Fall Foliage

Busy Bees

Sunflower

Rawfa

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Haven't had much time for stills...I've been more involved with video lately, so here are some basic bokeh tests just for fun :)

55mm 1.8

Tamron 90mm 2.8 macro

eleanorbrown

A posting for all the Sony fans....I shot a series of test shots in my garage a few minutes ago...A7RII using Zeiss Otus 55 1.4 lens at f4, iso 64 on timer. Also same everything on Nikon D810 with same Otus 55 lens...iso 64 , f4. Same tripod position, same lighting, same settings in C1. Took a screen shot. I was surprised to see that I prefer the Sony file. I have read several postings that the D810 will be superior to the A7RII, and while I'm certainly far from a "pro level tester" I'm seeing results I prefer in my Sony file. I have an upcoming trip to Southern Utah to photograph and have decided to take only the Sony and save weight and leave my Nikon at home. Eleanor

PS--hard to see exact results in one screen shot jpg taken at 100 percent as quality has been reduced for sure... (file at 100 percent also reduced a tiny amount to meet the 1200 pixel size limits for uploaded files...but you get the idea)....

[/URL][/IMG]

V

Vivek

A posting for all the Sony fans....I shot a series of test shots in my garage a few minutes ago...A7RII using Zeiss Otus 55 1.4 lens at f4, iso 64 on timer. Also same everything on Nikon D810 with same Otus 55 lens...iso 64 , f4. Same tripod position, same lighting, same settings in C1. Took a screen shot. I was surprised to see that I prefer the Sony file. I have read several postings that the D810 will be superior to the A7RII, and while I'm certainly far from a "pro level tester" I'm seeing results I prefer in my Sony file. I have an upcoming trip to Southern Utah to photograph and have decided to take only the Sony and save weight and leave my Nikon at home. Eleanor

PS--hard to see exact results in one screen shot jpg taken at 100 percent as quality has been reduced for sure... (file at 100 percent also reduced a tiny amount to meet the 1200 pixel size limits for uploaded files...but you get the idea)....
Both appear to show moire with the A7rII more.

rayyan

Eleanor..go with what you like. Period. The experts shall give you ' their ' opinion. If you are seeking agreement or disagreement with your choice, you are stepping into a nightmare.

Take what suits you, what you think is right for ' you '. Go with your ' heart '. Good photographs are made with the heart. Not with the tech specs.

Have a nice trip.

Slingers

Any posterization?
No there wasn't any. I go to this spot every summer but this year I'm going to take a magenta filter to see the difference it makes with and without a polarizer.

eleanorbrown

What I didn't do was a lot of adjustments in C1 (just some sharpening, white balance and slight exposure adjustment) ....yes moire needs some adjustment. eleanor

Both appear to show moire with the A7rII more.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

[/URL][/IMG]
It'ss why I sold all my Nikon gear and bought the A7r on release. I do not really like Nikon files. I really like the look of the Sonys. But please don't tell them. I think there feeling underwhelmed right now.LOL
I'm joking but not surprised at all you like the Sonys better. Good eye

onaujee

Lovely images in this thread. The 90 Macro looks like a stellar lens, great shots everyone!!!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

DXO The A7rII the new king of the hill. Big marks on high ISO. No question about it for me but it is several points higher on the A7r which is all that matters to me, so outside the functions and features it is a improvement on the IQ from the A7r, which it should be. Don't care about the Nikon not on my radar

D

Deleted member 7792

Link? Can't find it on their website.

Joe

D

Deleted member 7792

DXO The A7rII the new king of the hill. Big marks on high ISO. No question about it for me but it is several points higher on the A7r which is all that matters to me, so outside the functions and features it is a improvement on the IQ from the A7r, which it should be. Don't care about the Nikon not on my radar
Thanks Guy. Here's another DR comparison tool:

Photographic Dynamic Range versus ISO

From their (photonstophotos) measurements, the a7RII beats the a7R on DR from about ISO 500 up. No surprise. And same result as DxO. The a7RII sensor is optimized for high ISO performance. And these charts don't say anything about noise at various ISO breakpoints.

I didn't need the DxO scores to convince me about the a7RII, but it did help me get over my seller's remorse from having sold all my Nikon lenses and my a7R. I still expect the Pentax 645Z scores to top them all. ;)

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.