The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Its nice news for A7r owners that sold there gear for this model. Myself being one of them its just nice to know the sensor is better overall. Im happy so I don't need convincing either. I know I bought well

V

Vivek

They are too fast for close ups and macros.

D

Deleted member 7792

Fowey river opposite the “Bodinnick Car Ferry Crossing" taken earlier today.
The resolution/detail, DR, colors and DOF of this series is outstanding. I love the scenes you photograph and travel vicariously through your images. Maybe one day I'll get to visit Cornwall and see some of these picturesque scenes with my own eyes (and lens). Thanks for sharing your daily travels with us. BTW, you don't need an a7RII. You're kicking a** (or a**e) with the a7R. ;)

Joe

Barry Haines

The resolution/detail, DR, colors and DOF of this series is outstanding. I love the scenes you photograph and travel vicariously through your images. Maybe one day I'll get to visit Cornwall and see some of these picturesque scenes with my own eyes (and lens). Thanks for sharing your daily travels with us. BTW, you don't need an a7RII. You're kicking a** (or a**e) with the a7R. ;)

Joe
Thank you so much Joe...If you ever decide to come out this way I would only be too happy to show you around some of the more photogenic places within Cornwall and Devon...I'm equally enjoying all the wonderful A7RII images being shown here by yourself and others, it's a wonderful camera for sure :D

Last edited:

sjg284

A few A7s + FE24-70/4 (bought for video, working out for stills too)

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Another try to keep this thread alive among the watershed of overpowering A7Rii threads :rolleyes:

The Fenix warehouse in Rotterdam Katendrecht, now in use as an art and culture center as well as a circus school

NEX + MD Rokkor-X 45/2

jim251

Not too sure on the best image parameters for posting but will learn as I go.

A7r2, 70-200/4, APSC mode...

Nothing better to explore the AF-C capabilities of this camera than speedy little hummers. The hit rate was surprisingly good and the technology show in the viewfinder was crazy-cool. Looking forward to pointing this camera at slower moving subjects which, compared to hummers, is just about anything else that moves...

Best to all,
Jim

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Some hops from our garden, had to wait several days for the wind to lie down and today it all came together

NEX6 + Porst 240/4.5 @ f4.5 on a bellows (the normal MFD of this lens is 4 meter, but it does render quite nicely when extended I think)

jlm

Workshop Member

the hummers will require the stamp of approval by Guy ;)

tashley

Subscriber Member

A whole load of holiday snaps from Venice today... all A7RII with my fave walk around, the versatile 24-40 FE F4 zoom...

tashley

Subscriber Member

(lens fog from A/C, rather than real fog!)

- - - Updated - - -

tashley

Subscriber Member

And finally, revisiting the scene of an old crime, this one on the voigtlander 15mm MkIII compared to one taken on an M8 with 35 Lux about 8 years ago... gotta say I really prefer the original because of the cat, shopping trolley and old lady...

V

Vivek

And finally, revisiting the scene of an old crime, this one on the voigtlander 15mm MkIII compared to one taken on an M8 with 35 Lux about 8 years ago... gotta say I really prefer the original because of the cat, shopping trolley and old lady...
Goes to show even a touristy snap with an overpriced IR bleeder can be wonderful if all the elements are there. :)

scho

Meet the Hickory Tussock moth caterpillar. Pretty, but the long black hairs, front and rear are sharp and exude venom on contact. A7RII+FE 90mm Macro.

pegelli

Last weekend we got together with a group of photography friends in Rotterdam and one of them allowed me to use his A7Rii for a few hours.

Obviously I wanted to try some high iso and the ladies in the group didn't mind to pose for me

Diana (@ iso 12.800)

Anita (@ iso 6400)

Lens used was my OM Zuiko 100/2.8 @ f 4

I have the feeling this will become one of the most expensive photo outings I've ever taken :facesmack:
I should not have touched that camera with a 10 ft pole, how could I have been so stupid :loco:

k-hawinkler

Last weekend we got together with a group of photography friends in Rotterdam and one of them allowed me to use his A7Rii for a few hours.

Obviously I wanted to try some high iso and the ladies in the group didn't mind to pose for me

Diana (@ iso 12.800)

Anita (@ iso 6400)

Lens used was my OM Zuiko 100/2.8 @ f 4

I have the feeling this will become one of the most expensive photo outings I've ever taken :facesmack:
I should not have touched that camera with a 10 ft pole, how could I have been so stupid :loco:
Thanks to the ladies and you for the great shots.
I am sure you won't regret getting the A7r2 and will be putting it to excellent use!

Status
Not open for further replies.