The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Last weekend we got together with a group of photography friends in Rotterdam and one of them allowed me to use his A7Rii for a few hours.

Obviously I wanted to try some high iso and the ladies in the group didn't mind to pose for me

Diana (@ iso 12.800)

Anita (@ iso 6400)

Lens used was my OM Zuiko 100/2.8 @ f 4

I have the feeling this will become one of the most expensive photo outings I've ever taken :facesmack:
I should not have touched that camera with a 10 ft pole, how could I have been so stupid :loco:
:wtf:where you thinking. On a fence need a push the folks here will be happy to give you that push.

Had to be said. Lol

cunim

Just a quick session to start getting the feel for the A7RII. Nice to see the 90 Summicron works as well as it did on the "R". Love the steady shot. I think this body will do nicely for those times I am too lazy to get the MF gear out.

Attachments

dandrewk

Like many communities, ours offers a once/week "Farmers Market". They close down the maid drag through downtown and provide lots of fresh produce vendors, awesome food and live entertainment. I've been going there to take a series of street shots as these are quite popular amongst the locals.

Yesterday evening the weather was perfect, so I headed down with the A7rII and the FE24-70. The entertainment varies, and one of the offerings this week was skateboarders jumping over cars. I wished I had the FE70-200, but this was a perfect opportunity to check out some action photography with the new camera.

Generally with something like this, I'd set the aperture at to at least F8 with a speed of 1/250. But I wanted make it tougher for this test, just to see how it turned out. Happily, I got quite a few keepers. All shots with continuous hi speed shooting and AF, using "wide" focus area (I jus love the dancing squares). Next time, I'll use a "lock on" and compare the results.

1/40 sec (!) F5.6 ISO 800:

1/160 sec F4.0 ISO 400:

1/160 sec F4.0 ISO 400:

akclimber

A series of aurora stitches with an A7RII + Rokinon 24 f/1.4 @ 1.4 (Fotodiox pro adapter), 8 or so frames per stitch, ISO 2500-3200, 4-6 second or so exposures, LENR off, converted in ACR because I was too tired to deal with a still new to me C1 conversion project. Stitched using Autopano Giga.

Cheers!

_dsc0859 web by Joe, on Flickr

_dsc0871 web by Joe, on Flickr

_dsc0833 web by Joe, on Flickr

_dsc0913 web by Joe, on Flickr

_dsc0810 web by Joe, on Flickr

tashley

Subscriber Member

Those aurora shots are amazing!

Last edited:

tashley

Subscriber Member

The last holiday snaps from Venice I promise.... mixture of 55 F1.8, Voigtlander 15mm MkIII and Fe70-200 F4

jlm

Workshop Member

farmer's market, NYC; with Sony FE 2.8/90mm macro G lens

scho

A few shots taken around the Bully Hill vineyard above Keuka Lake. A7R-FS with and without filtration. All with the Sony FE 28/2 lens.

No Filter

CC Filter

Looking south along the west arm of Keuka Lake from Esperanza Mansion patio on the bluff.

590nm Filter

Barry Haines

Taken just a few hours ago on the River Looe, as the last fishing boat of the day drops off its catch at Looe Fish Market
Handheld A7R at ISO 400, 1/25 sec F/2.0

sjg284

Bit of a mix today from A7s & FE24-70/4

nobody

green

bushwick

go fly a kite

k-hawinkler

Bart, what's the advantage of using ISO 50, specifically on the A7RII? TIA.

Last edited:

biglouis

Hog And Monster Burgers - Portsdown Hill, Hampshire - Sony A7S, Loxia 2/35

Status
Not open for further replies.