The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 7792

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

"Grab shot" taken through our kitchen window (reflections can be seen to the right of the bird), hand-held. Cropped from original.

Joe

scho

That tiny little M Rokkor 40 is a sweet lens (as well as the sibling 28) for an ultra light walkabout kit.

scho

A couple of August HHH day shots at the lake shore using the A7RII on the Cambo Actus with SK 47 XL. Square format crops.

Quentin_Bargate

A melancholy Sunday, improved by wandering the garden - A7RII and 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS (what else?)

Golden Celebration rose

Sea of flowers

Quentin_Bargate

Another from St Nonna's, Cornwall. Some colour balancing required because the font and pew ends were lit by window light, whereas the interior further back was lit partly by old tungsten lamps. With the 16-35mm F/4 on the A7RII

uhoh7

That tiny little M Rokkor 40 is a sweet lens (as well as the sibling 28) for an ultra light walkabout kit.
I was thinking the same thing as I walked around with it :cool: It's like a whole other camera, even compared to something like the 28 cron on the A7. So light, so sweet :thumbup:

DSC00399 by unoh7, on Flickr

Here right near an overcast sundown, f/5.6 iso 500:

The Valley by unoh7, on Flickr

And as an added bonus, I don't have to recalculate the M9 frame lines LOL

Jim DE

A lil fooling around with Sepia with a image I took with the a7rII and 16-35mm F4 lens at Strasburg PA yesterday

nsng

After 18 months of using the A7R, I decided to move on to the A7RII. During the 18 months, nearly half of my travel images were captured with the A7R, the rest from my M240. Here are a couple of images from the A7RII from my evening walk to a nearby boardwalk. A7RII w/19mm Elmarit-R and FE55

Quentin_Bargate

Its our 30th Wedding Anniversary today, so pearls are in order.

I used the A7RII and 90mm Macro G OSS to take a picture of my wife, Glynis', new earrings (she now has them back...!).

It's not the perfect focus stacked combo because of the way focus works on manual with the A7RII, but its not bad. I left image stabilisation on, buy the way. Studio flash on a grey perspex background, stacked in Helicon Focus.

Quentin, was the St Nonna's shot hand held and if so at what speed?
Lovely colors and textures,
John

Quentin_Bargate

Quentin, was the St Nonna's shot hand held and if so at what speed?
Lovely colors and textures,
John
Thank you, John.

No, it was shot on a tripod, manual everything. F/11, 2.5 secs, ISO 100, focal length was 20mm. Point of focus was the left pew end, but at 20mm and F11, most of the shot, and all of the foreground, is in focus. The colours are muted slightly intentionally, and I have made some local corrections, including bringing out detail in the beamed aisle. The font is 12c and the decorated pew ends are 15 or 16c. The pew end on the left is the signature of the person who carved them all - kind of early tagging!

V

Vivek

Quentin, nice.

Congratulations!

jlm

Workshop Member

Quentin:

curious about the focus stacking problem re Manual; Focus; i would have focused the front, shot, marked the barrel; focused the back, shot marked the barrel, then made more shots setting focus at points in between the marks. how did you do it? not sure this works when shooting macro.

i suppose a focus rail might have been better?

pegelli

Another shot with my loaner A7Rii from last week Sunday

The Rotterdam Post Office (they don't build facades like this any more)

A7Rii + Nokton 35/1.2 II

Quentin_Bargate

Quentin:

curious about the focus stacking problem re Manual; Focus; i would have focused the front, shot, marked the barrel; focused the back, shot marked the barrel, then made more shots setting focus at points in between the marks. how did you do it? not sure this works when shooting macro.

i suppose a focus rail might have been better?
Exactly. That is possible with the 90mm F/2.8 Macro, which has a traditional distance marked guide on the focusing ring. The problem is more just getting used to using an electronic viewfinder that zooms in when set to manual, but thinking more about it, it should get easier with experience.

No CA with this lens. Its should be a first class studio camera once I can work out tethering. I can use ridiculously named play memories App to remotely trigger the camera from my phone. That's a start, but its not exactly Phocus with the Hassy.

Status
Not open for further replies.