The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglouis

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Exactly. That is possible with the 90mm F/2.8 Macro, which has a traditional distance marked guide on the focusing ring. The problem is more just getting used to using an electronic viewfinder that zooms in when set to manual, but thinking more about it, it should get easier with experience.

No CA with this lens. Its should be a first class studio camera once I can work out tethering. I can use ridiculously named play memories App to remotely trigger the camera from my phone. That's a start, but its not exactly Phocus with the Hassy.
The focus ring, especially the movement between auto and manual focus, and markings on the FE 90/2.8 is a thing of beauty, imho...

LouisB

biglouis

Still pluggin' away with my outmoded A7R and the unloved FE 24-70...

tashley

Subscriber Member

With apologies in advance for posting such cheesily predictable holiday snaps... From the Croatian coast, shore shots are Dubrovnik.

Quentin_Bargate

The focus ring, especially the movement between auto and manual focus, and markings on the FE 90/2.8 is a thing of beauty, imho...

LouisB
Its a very well designed and thought out lens, superb optically, with proper controls and with OSS, which works exceptionally well with IBIS in the A7RII.

k-hawinkler

Its a very well designed and thought out lens, superb optically, with proper controls and with OSS, which works exceptionally well with IBIS in the A7RII.

Thanks, I agree. That lens also works extremely well with its own OSS on my A7r. :grin:
BTW, that's why that lens mostly stays glued to my A7r and sees less use on my A7r2.

jim251

With apologies in advance for posting such cheesily predictable holiday snaps...
Apologies are not called for and these "holiday snaps" are anything but "cheesily predictable." I'd call 'em first rate.

Nice work...

Barry Haines

I just couldn’t resist taking this shot this afternoon after remembering Louis’s image from the other day :)
The Harley had just turned up and a disembodied hand came out the back of the trailer and passed this lady a pot of cockles :D

Last edited:

eleanorbrown

Another image I had no intention of posting but this was a fun experiment with my A7RII and Zeiss 35mm 1.4 lens. Shot this of my husband's jeep this evening in Colorado as an experiment with focus stacking in Photoshop....... iso 64, f 8, 3 shots focusing on rear, middle and front areas of jeep. Coming from a large format film and medium format digital background I'm always looking for ways I can get similar results with a smaller lighter camera. This was the result of my experiment...nothing fancy or special..... just wanted a smooth large format look...all in focus, low iso and smooth tonalities. eleanor

[/URL][/IMG]

Dan Bellyk

Last night played around with the camera a bit, not had much of a chance to play but last night was fun. Nice big rum drink, went for a swim then took some photos. :)

A7Rii with 16-35 f/10 at 30 seconds ISO 640

Barry Haines

A7R handheld 1/5sec, F/5.6 at ISO 400 with no OSS on the 55mm FE – Tone mapped to help open up the shadows and control the highlights.
Please click on Enlargement...Cheers Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.