The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Today is a bright sunny day so I thought i would go test the colour impact of using a polarizer and a magenta filter at 5500K. So i headed over to a local school where i could get a lot of green with blue sky. There is no problems and it removes the washed out look.
Interesting Craig, do you also have a shot without the filters to see the difference? And how did you compensate for the magenta filter? Was that accomplished by the AWB of the camera or did you have to make some corrections in your raw converter.

scho

A focus stacking experiment using the A7RII+Contax G 45mm f/2 Planar (M mount). Four shots, focused at points from front edge of basket to rear wall of cabinet. Processed through Helicon Focus using LR plug-in. Nearest focus point was at minimum focus distance for the lens.

scho

A beautiful, but hot day on Cayuga Lake. Huge gathering of gulls on the lake (waiting for the labor day picnic handouts in the park). Group of Japanese students doing selfies on the dock. A7RII+Sony FE 35/2.8 Sonnar.

Some young ladies discreetly skinny dipping in a quiet area of the lake.

V

Vivek

Carl , I think you and Amin should switch lenses. :p

jlm

Workshop Member

with the 90 macro, not quite as sharp as usual, must be user error
fireman practice

Mike Field

First post to the DPI forums. Had my A7Rll a couple of weeks now and am amazed at its capabilities. I took this image at Disneyland, Anaheim. Hand held (no possible room for a tripod) with the Sony 35 f2.8 at ISO 1600, 1/4 second.

Attachments

jlm

Workshop Member

24 canon TSE II, shifted to the max, hand held

Chris C

... {A7Rii}... Like what I'm seeing........ f.8 , iso 64. ... I mostly shoot from iso 50- 100 ...... I still like the creamy smooth files I get at low iso's.....Eleanor
Eleanor - ISO 64???? I'm intrigued. Your further experience of low ISO working would be greatly appreciated by me [and others I'm sure], as it's a bit overlooked in the greed for high ISO working. Please post more.

.............. Chris

Slingers

Interesting Craig, do you also have a shot without the filters to see the difference? And how did you compensate for the magenta filter? Was that accomplished by the AWB of the camera or did you have to make some corrections in your raw converter.
No corrections were needed and i had manually set the white balance to 5500K. I was expecting to make some WB adjustments. Looking at the files though the same final image can be achieved with bracketing if you dont have a magenta filter.

Image without the filter:

eleanorbrown

Shot these yesterday...A7Rii with Zeiss 100 f2 lens (Nikon mount with converter). Shot these two images quickly, handheld, as the weather was challenging...wind, cold, not great light, drizzle at 14,000 feet elevation between two Colorado "forteeners" (peaks over 14,000 feet elevation) (Mount Bierstadt and Mount Evans). This is the connecting ridge climb between the two peaks, The Sawtooth. I post these because this camera, even shooting quickly using the sensor stabilizer made sharp images possible....impressive. (iso 64) ....and no I was not climbing these peaks....there is an old road, built around 1915 to 1920, that goes to near the summit of Mount Evans at 14,264 feet). We usually walk the rest of the way from the parking lot at the end of the road to the summit but yesterday my husband and I decided it was too cold and windy! ....Enjoyed shooting photos tho! Eleanor

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.