The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoelM

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

A7r with old Nikkor 300/2.8 AIS lens. Just did a quick conversion, but the dark areas looked blocked up to me. Could be the poor monitors here at work. I down rezzed to 72dpi.

Joel
Eclipse-01.jpgEclipse-02.jpg

dmward

Apparently the A7RII isn't ideal for safari and wildlife ... :grin:
I agree Graham, way too much detail in the giraffe's coat. And that large bright thing in the background. What can I say...?

Great picture is all that comes to mind. :)

Annna T

David : great shot of the supermoon and Louis plus Joël too.

Here it was very frustrating : I stood up at 4 o'clock hoping to catch something, but there was a thick cloudcover and no way to see the moon. I was able to get a rising supermoon yesterday evening though :

A7r plus Canon 70-200mm F4 IS USM plus 1.4 extender, plus Metabones smart adapter version III (This is a 100% crop, note the cross on top of the mountain)

Jim DE

Eleanor, we had mist, clouds and a haze here in the mid atlantic so at best my best image last night pretty much stank...... I did not use a a7 based camera ellecting for apc reach instead with the 150-600. In retrospect I probably would of tried the a7rII with that lens if I had the #3 adaptor just for a higher iso performance.

Annna T

Those colors are delicious. I like the second picture especially, with the line of trees against the sky and the subtle intricacies of all those curved horizontals. May be you weren't able to get that supermoon, but the outing was fruitful nevertheless. I had no luck with the bloody moon either : thick cloud cover this morning at 4 o'clock. I didn't even try to get out.

Well went out to photograph the moon tonight but heavy cloud cover to the east in central Colorado. Looking west after sunset was lovely however. A7RII with Zeiss 100 f2. Eleanor

[/URL][/IMG]

Lucille

Water Street - Henderson NV.

A7R MII, 28mm f/2, ISO1600 1/40 handheld

HMJones

A7R, 17mm TS-E, f11, 1/6th of a second, ISO 100

Daybreak in the Snowy Range near Medicine-Bow Peak. Learned why the mountains' have that name as we got hit by a snowstorm the previous night, even though it was the middle of August! Good thing we'd brought along a whole lot of wool. Hard to work with Dachstein gloves on through...

eleanorbrown

Many thanks Annna. I felt the colors were subtle and I kina' liked that...delicious as you said :) eleanor

Those colors are delicious. I like the second picture especially, with the line of trees against the sky and the subtle intricacies of all those curved horizontals. May be you weren't able to get that supermoon, but the outing was fruitful nevertheless. I had no luck with the bloody moon either : thick cloud cover this morning at 4 o'clock. I didn't even try to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.