The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucille

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Fastino's - Albuquerque NM.

A7R MII, 28mm f/2, ISO125, 1/800sec.

uhoh7

I was at the Hemingway Memorial where a very spoiled 2 year old chocolate lab had an entire tribe of human handlers fooled into thinking he was totally helpless LOL It was pretty hysterical. The humans were arguing about what to do and who would get wet. Happened to have the legendary Nikkor AIS 300/2.8 EDIF at the ready.

Help me! by unoh7, on Flickr

Fat Dog by unoh7, on Flickr

Gratitude by unoh7, on Flickr

Of course about 3 yards downstream was a low bank and easy exit. ;)

I'm just in love with this incredible lens, which was produced until 2005, and cost 1450USD in 1985! It was a pro mainstay in the golden age of press photography, and makes the usual nikon build seem very very cheap. It is renowned for sharpness WO, superb bokeh, and very rich color rendition. Those are all hand held BTW, which is no problem with such a fast lens. A fingertip is enough on the internal focus, like scrolling your iPhone :)

300/2.8 ais by unoh7, on Flickr

I paid 625 including shipping, and it's easy to find a nice one in the 800 range, which is just a steal I think. Finally after trying many lenses I am happy at 300 :)

There is also an excellent Canon nFD 200/2.8L of the same era which sells for near identical prices. But it's already one of those puke white barrels which is both too self satisfied and loud for my taste ;)

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Tom, PixInsight is a programme worth spending time on, I think. I tried the trial version. It is quite advanced but with lots of possibilities.

Thanks for sharing your experience! :)

Quentin_Bargate

More Autumn shots from our garden today with early morning dew. All with the A7RII and 90mm Macro F/2.8 G OSS

Ron Pfister

Hello all!

It's fantastic to return to lots of fabulous images (and exciting new cameras) after a long hiatus in the Arctic. I spent the month of August in East Greenland and experienced some of the most rewarding photography and the most incredible light I've ever had the privilege to enjoy. When conditions were right, golden hour lasted all night - a photographer's dream! Here an example - more to come over the coming days and weeks...

Best,

Ron

jlm

Workshop Member

Ron:
couldn't resist posting this, taken at devil's golf course in death valley; so similar to your world's away ice flow shot;) but mine aint' from a sony, sorry

D

Deleted member 7792

Hello all!

It's fantastic to return to lots of fabulous images (and exciting new cameras) after a long hiatus in the Arctic. I spent the month of August in East Greenland and experienced some of the most rewarding photography and the most incredible light I've ever had the privilege to enjoy. When conditions were right, golden hour lasted all night - a photographer's dream! Here an example - more to come over the coming days and weeks...

Best,

Ron
More blissful light...
Welcome back Ron. Stunning images. More please. :clap:

Joe

frozenbb

Tom, PixInsight is a programme worth spending time on, I think. I tried the trial version. It is quite advanced but with lots of possibilities.

Thanks for sharing your experience! :)
You're right of course. PixInsight seems to be an unequaled tool when it comes to processing these types of images. I just wish the developers had made the UI a bit friendlier - it makes the Sony menu systems positively intuitive by comparison!

My respect for the Batis 25mm grows every time I use it. Its abilities far exceed mine.

Zollverein Mining Complex - Essen, Germany - Batis 25mm @ ƒ2.0

Last edited:

scho

From an afternoon walk in the arboretum, after the 3 day tropical storm exited and the skies cleared. A7RII with the CV 15mm f/4.5 SW Heliar ASPH III.

furtle

Fun with a A7S and a Jupiter 9 (85mm) lens. Last of the summer wine gathering. I think they were all at f2. This lens for £50 quid or so, or a Batis.....

Poppy the ataxic mutt:

Last flush from the roses:

Annie

Last of the Sweet Peas

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.