The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Pfister

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Ron, your Greenland "icescapes" really are wonderful - thanks for sharing! (My personal favourite so far is "Subtle Blues.")
Tom, you are very welcome! I'm delighted that you like them. Yes, 'Subtle Blues' turned out very nicely. The light was very special when I captured the image - incredibly soft, yet with lots of definition. Hard to describe...

Michiel Schierbeek

Ron and Joe; Stunning images from the very northern hemisphere.

This is with a rather rare Ricoh mirror lens I had laying around for a long time. First time I use it actually.

Inspiration; think of Monet :)

Annna T

Tom, you are very welcome! I'm delighted that you like them. Yes, 'Subtle Blues' turned out very nicely. The light was very special when I captured the image - incredibly soft, yet with lots of definition. Hard to describe...
Subtle blues is my favorite too. Great light, great tones and color. Plus the composition. Everything fall right in place

ohnri

Re: A7R2 Auroras

More A7R2 auroras. First three shot with a Nikon Ais 50 f/1.2 (2nd and 3rd are panos). Last 2 shot with Samy/Rok 24 f/1.4 and are panos.

Cheers!
Did you mean in-camera panos or stitched images?

What were your settings?

Thanks for posting!

-Bill

frozenbb

Here are a few snaps taken en route to the dark site mentioned above.

And here's a single 30-sec exposure of the M13 globular cluster, taken at ISO 8000. This is what a focal length of 2032mm will bring to you.

Ron Pfister

This one made me chuckle... ;)

Edit: changed crop - straight horizon didn't look right

Last edited:

HMJones

More blissful light...

Compulsive long-exposurers should take note of this shot. Freezing (no pun intended) the water's ripples here makes a great textural extension of the mirroring effect already present between the reddest part of the cloud and its reflection in the water. That shutter speed choice and timing just make this shot sing. There aren't a lot of landscapes where you get the sense of any 'decisive moment', but even though it's subtle, I really feel it here.

P.S. Love this whole little series.

Ron Pfister

Compulsive long-exposurers should take note of this shot. Freezing (no pun intended) the water's ripples here makes a great textural extension of the mirroring effect already present between the reddest part of the cloud and its reflection in the water. That shutter speed choice and timing just make this shot sing. There aren't a lot of landscapes where you get the sense of any 'decisive moment', but even though it's subtle, I really feel it here.

P.S. Love this whole little series.
Thanks for your most valuable input, Hubbard! Before capturing this image, we were motoring towards this location by Zodiac, facing the sunset/sunrise (hard to know what to call it when it never gets dark ;)) over an almost flat calm sea. Speeding across the gentle ripples on the surface was an absolute spectacle, each and every one consisting of concentric circles of red, orange an blue - hypnotising!

Edit: I chose to freeze the motion because I felt very strongly that the clarity, the crispness of this scene needed to be preserved.

Last edited:

HMJones

Thanks for your most valuable input, Hubbard! Before capturing this image, we were motoring towards this location by Zodiac, facing the sunset/sunrise (hard to tell which is which when it never gets dark ;)) over an almost flat calm sea. Speeding across the gentle ripples on the surface was an absolute spectacle, each and every one consisting of concentric circles of red, orange an blue - hypnotising!
Sounds fantastic. Thanks for bringing some of that gorgeous light back with you for us to see!

HMJones

Sony A7R, Canon 17mm TS-E + EF 1.4x III

Summer storm rolling in at Cape Perpetua on the Oregon Coast.

Quentin_Bargate

The pictures in this group suggest to me that we have reached a turning point. Genuine MF digital quality in evidence from the A7RII, talented photographers unleashing their creative potential.

Every time I visit I see something special, inspiring.

Ron Pfister

The pictures in this group suggest to me that we have reached a turning point. Genuine MF digital quality in evidence from the A7RII, talented photographers unleashing their creative potential.

Every time I visit I see something special, inspiring.
I fully agree with you, Quentin. And I would like to add that unleashing our creative potential at this level of image quality has never been easier. The IQ from an A7R/A7RII combined with the right lenses ist mind-boggling, and the package can be extremely small (and I dare say very affordable for what it is). I consider myself very privileged to live in these times...

scho

We walked around the wetlands at Sapsucker Woods after lunch and captured these shots with the A7RII+FE28/2.

A quiet place for reflection ;)

Ferns in transition

eleanorbrown

Enjoying my two Batis lenses. The house on Main Street Breckenridge shot with the 25 and the Aspens shot with 85 at dusk last evening during my walk with my dog on the trail by my house in Colorado. By the way digilloyd just gave the Sony A7RII a horrible review for "field use". I am totally enjoying my A7RII. Nothing is perfect but it is working so well for me...perfect weight, grip, customized buttons...etc etc. Will I be happy with the uncompressed RAW option....you bet, but otherwise I'm totally enjoying the ease of use and quality this camera offers. Eleanor

Status
Not open for further replies.