The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Getting ready to fly. Sony A7RII + FE35/2.8.

HMJones

Here a monochrome image of an enormous iceberg. For scale: the arch was easily 50m in diameter, the mountains in the background are nearly 2,000m tall.

Edit: new version with altered processing and cropping
Oooo baby! Talk about a great choice for B&W! What a beauty.

eleanorbrown

I know I know....getting redundant with more of these artsy type shallow depth of field photos shot this afternoon...but I post really to show that my A7RII and Batis 85 had an official "field test" today. On my walk with my dog and camera by our river we had a sudden rain and frozen rain (ice) storm and my camera and lens got soaked. On my brisk walk along the river back to our house, I of course ;-) kept shooting along the way. Camera and lens seemed to weather the soaking well! I have no complaints! eleanor

Lucille

Downtown Albuquerque New Mexico.

Sony A7S, 55mm Zeiss f/1.8, ISO50, 1/8000sec.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Keep up the nice work folks. Heading to San Francisco, maybe get some nice shots. 4 lens 15,25,35 and 85 all in a TT Urban approach . Love this little bag

Perfect bag for Sonys A7 series cameras if you want a smalł kit. I stack the 15 and 25 in one slot than either the 85 or 35 on but enough room to stack either over the 15 if you have the 25 on. Btw a 35 1.4 FE lens big mama

You know me and bags. For bigger with my Minolta 200 I use a OnA Union Street

Urban Approach 10 Mirrorless Camera Shoulder Bag

k-hawinkler

Keep up the nice work folks. Heading to San Francisco, maybe get some nice shots. 4 lens 15,25,35 and 85 all in a TT Urban approach . Love this little bag

Perfect bag for Sonys A7 series cameras if you want a smalł kit. I stack the 15 and 25 in one slot than either the 85 or 35 on but enough room to stack either over the 15 if you have the 25 on. Btw a 35 1.4 FE lens big mama

Thanks Guy. You should give using Picture Profile PP7 a try. It also works perfectly well for still images and developing the raw file with C1! :)

Here is an example. http://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/56138-a7r-a7r2-why-im-keeping-both.html#post662549

Last edited:

Barry Haines

And here an image of our trusty conveyance:

Ron, some fantastic images here my friend, always love those iceberg pictures of yours - They just keep on getting better each year :D
It seems strange (to me) to see Ezra so far away off the coast of Norway as I'm used to seeing her down at Penryn!
Reconfirming our meet up at Gloucester Docks when you fly back to the UK in November as our PM's.
Just let us know the dates as soon as you can please, then I can book a couple of nights stay up there :)

----------------

Tom, thoroughly enjoying your stargazing images...You obviously have a deep interest in that area of photography, which obviously requires a massive learning curve to be able to achieve the best possible results, which to me you are already achieving in the early days...I take my hat off to you sir :)

Joe, those Pano auroras are just beautiful

Eleanor, love the OoF renderings from your 85mm Batis combined with your latest subject matter that you are shooting, beautifully processed as always :)

Graham, particularly liked the Leopard shot...you must have been pretty close up even with your 70-200mm lens.

Lucille, great car shots combined with that beautiful evening light....That combination works just great!...Please keep them coming :)

Michiel, Inspiration; think of Monet....It had me thinking of donuts ;) :D ... Hope you are enjoying your new Pentax 645Z, please let me know how you think your A7R compares in terms of IQ and handling.

Guy,very much enjoyed your night time wind turbine image + I'm in the market for yet another (larger) bag, so will look into the ONA Union Street, thanks for the recommendation.

Cheers Barry

furtle

A friend's wedding in Aug. Voigtlander 50mm/1.5 Nokton.

Last edited:

uhoh7

Ron, incredible iPhone shot. :) I thought, what did he have a Leica with him as well? LOL. At forum rez it is really stunning.

Wagon Wheel by unoh7, 300/2.8 AIS EDIF

jlm

Workshop Member

with the 90 macro, fun series, super beautiful and happy subjects: indian festival of lights in NYC:

dandrewk

Just in time for Fleet Week here, complete with Blue Angels. What, no long lens yet? :D

Seriously though, the best times for the Angels is when they are practicing, probably Thursday and Friday. If you are in the Financial District, they fly within (it seems) inches of the tall buildings. I was there a couple a weeks ago, left a building on Montgomery St. just as they were tearing through above, REAL close. The noise was deafening! Very impressive to say the least.

scho

A Coleus that did well outside on the deck all summer, but soon will have to come back inside before frost nips it. Just a test shot with Contax G 35mm f/2 Planar on A7RII with TechArt III AF adapter to develop work flow for adding exif info for legacy lenses. The recent Adobe LR and ElCap OS updates killed Lens Tagger plugin and Exif Editor will no longer work from inside LR, so now I have to run raw files through Exif Editor prior to import into LR for processing. Exif is available in this file (click to get to original).

f64

Cityscapes> The sky above

A7 + Contax N 70-300

(the first one already posted in a different thread)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Just Lion around ...

A7RII, Tamron 150-600 @ 600mm

- - - Updated - - -

Mrs Leopard 1000 yard stare

A7RII 70-200/4 @ 200mm

Last edited:

furtle

I'm pretty new to my A7S which a bought to primarily use for low light and indoor photos. For other pics I've been using my Sigma DP2M and DP3M and now a DP0Q which are great. The Sigmas are a pain to use but produce sensational images (in the right conditions). My Sony A7S is good but so, far, I just don't see that pop I get with the Merrills. However, some of the photos on this thread with the A7R II and Zeiss lenses are very, very close to top notch Merrill images, so, in "Sony World" things are getting better - well, the photographers are also top notch . So, for a bit of fun and to "learn to love" my Sony I've been playing around with a cheap Russian Jupiter 9 (85mm) lens. It's not everyone's cup of tea but I'm enjoying the mad images made by this lens. So much so, I've just splashed out another £30 (delivered) on a Jupiter 37A 135mm prime that looks in mint condition - we shall see!

Here are some roses in the garden that keep on giving. Shot straight into the low morning sun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.