The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglouis

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Beautiful Autumn light this morning. Hope it keeps up for the rest of the week...

A7R+CZ24-70

Ron Pfister

The geology of Greenland is as fascinating as the all-pervading ice: stark, naked and ready to be read like an open book. Here a pano and a crop thereof.

Ron Pfister

" The Grid "
A great image, Werner! Apart from the fabulous composition, I really like the juxtaposition of nature and a man-made, seemingly impervious structure.

A few questions about the SW Heliar III, if I may: are any corrections for vignetting needed when using it with the A7RM2? And how about definition in the corners? Version II of the lens disappointed quite seriously in both disciplines when used with the A7R. However, I've used it quite successfully with the A7M2, but vignetting is quite strong. Have you perchance used version III on an A7M2?

Curiously,

Ron

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Fantastic images Ron, they give me a peek at a part of the world I've never visited (yet) and they're all so well composed and processed that it's like browsing through a luxury coffee table book :thumbup:

Something quite different:

Day and Night at Rotterdam Blaak

Day:

A850 + Min 20/2.8

Night

A850 + Min 20/2.8

Ron Pfister

Here a good representation of the trinity that is omnipresent along the coast of Greenland: sea, ice and rock...

Ron Pfister

A while later, I had the opportunity to capture an image of the other side of the same icebergs, complete with spectacular backdrop:

Ron Pfister

Fantastic images Ron, they give me a peek at a part of the world I've never visited (yet) and they're all so well composed and processed that it's like browsing through a luxury coffee table book :thumbup:
You're very kind - many thanks! I've been thinking about doing a book. I've been meaning to try out the Book module in LR and seeing what the quality of Blurb printing is like. Do you have any experience with that? We had an expedition artist with us on the voyage. Her paintings and sketches combined with photographs could be quite interesting...

Ron Pfister

BTW, the Leica AE 180 is a remarkable lens, and it comes into its own with IBIS on the A7M2. Here a few crops from the above image:

Edit: I should probably add that I believe in texture in b&w images that contain a lot of detail. I used to shoot T-MAX 3200 in broad daylight, using an ND filter - just to get the grain ;). No noise reduction was used in this image, and processing is quite heavy (it was a hazy day).

Last edited:

pegelli

You're very kind - many thanks! I've been thinking about doing a book. I've been meaning to try out the Book module in LR and seeing what the quality of Blurb printing is like. Do you have any experience with that? We had an expedition artist with us on the voyage. Her paintings and sketches combined with photographs could be quite interesting...
I've only done one Blurb book and that's a long time ago (before the book module in LR so using their own software). It turned out quite nice, but since it were mainly city shots the colours weren't as difficult to print as what you have showed us here. So if I were you I'd do a test with a modest size book and minimum number of pages and see how you like it before going all out in a larger size/more pages coffee table book.

Annna T

A great image, Werner! Apart from the fabulous composition, I really like the juxtaposition of nature and a man-made, seemingly impervious structure.

A few questions about the SW Heliar III, if I may: are any corrections for vignetting needed when using it with the A7RM2? And how about definition in the corners? Version II of the lens disappointed quite seriously in both disciplines when used with the A7R. However, I've used it quite successfully with the A7M2, but vignetting is quite strong. Have you perchance used version III on an A7M2?

Curiously,

Ron
There is a full thread dedicated to that lens, with many test pictures shot by Guy on the A7m2 and on the second page some samples of that same lens shot on A7rm2.

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/55316-voigtlander-15mm-version-iii-sony-a7ii-test.html

For example the following posts #76, #78, #82 contain pictures shot with an A7rII and as far as one can judge it on an iPad, the corners look good.

Ron Pfister

Thanks Ron. Did you apply the method described in that reference and adjust the colors in this image accordingly? TIA.
I try to keep complementaries in mind when capturing images and sometimes (rarely) adjust the hue to achieve complementaries in post - not in this case, though.

k-hawinkler

I try to keep complementaries in mind when capturing images and sometimes (rarely) adjust the hue to achieve complementaries in post - not in this case, though.
Thanks Ron. I will keep the complementaries in mind when taking pictures! :thumbup:

Last edited:

scho

We had a beautiful fall day today and took a ride up into the hills just south of Ithaca near the town of Erin to take in the color. We also found a nice orchard owned and operated by a German family. A few shots from the outing taken with the A7RII with the FE 28/2 and FE55/1.8.

Ron Pfister

There is a full thread dedicated to that lens, with many test pictures shot by Guy on the A7m2 and on the second page some samples of that same lens shot on A7rm2.

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/55316-voigtlander-15mm-version-iii-sony-a7ii-test.html

For example the following posts #76, #78, #82 contain pictures shot with an A7rII and as far as one can judge it on an iPad, the corners look good.
Many thanks for this, Anna! Looks very promising, indeed!! I think my SWH II must go to make room for the III...

pegelli

@Mkei, nice car shots but somehow the processing looks a bit off on my screen. The blacks all seem a bit washed out, was that intentional?

Status
Not open for further replies.