The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

k-hawinkler

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Thanks Annna. Beautiful light, perfect time for a walk! :)
Another gorgeous image.

Norm N

I finally set aside my Fuji X-E2 for the A7Rm2. (I love the Fuji,but I got tired of waiting for the 24mpx X-Pro2) The files are amazing, and respond wonderfully to processing.

A shot from the first day of shooting:

scho

"Market Moves" Good place for a walk and other movements on non-market days.;) Sony A7RII with Leica R 50mm Summicron.

Ron Pfister

Here another, taken two minutes later. DOF is probably a touch too shallow here...

eleanorbrown

No images on this post....just wanted to let those who have been Leica users that I just returned to Houston from Colorado and here I have access to my Leica lenses. Have been wanting to try at the least my 50 Summilux ASPH on my A7RII. I have heard various remarks about the efficacy of trying the Leica lenses. Surface it to say this lens on my A7RII is astounding....I see no issues with this set up at all. Sharpness, over the top micro detail, lovely bokeh, color, good enough (not perfect) edge sharpness beginning at least at f4...perhaps f 2.8. I can highly recommend using a setup like this. I'm using my Novoflex converter. Instead of using my Otus 55 on this camera, which is huge, think I' like this just as much. Will use this for a while and see if my first impressions hold up over time. Eleanor

frozenbb

Here are a few more grabs from the heavens.

The first is actually my first attempt at deep sky astrophotography. It's composed of 30 x 30-sec exposures of galaxy M51, more popularly known as the Whirlpool Galaxy. The stars aren't quite round (probably due to the windy conditions), but I was happy with the unguided tracking capability of the Atlas Pro + Celestron Edge HD 8" sct. Processing was done in DSS/Photoshop, as my PixInsight processing skills are awaiting refinement.

The second shot is a single, 120-second, wide-view shot of the Veil Nebula at ISO 3200. I used a Sigma 180mm 2.8 OS at f2.8. Once I actually get around to stacking and processing this target, noise will decrease dramatically - what you're seeing at this size are stars, not noise - and the nebula will pop in much greater detail. However, the image is proof that even an ancient A7R, unmodded, is capable of picking up H-Alpha (Hα) emissions with a signal exposure.

The third shot is a single, 30-second capture of an unknown (to me, right now, without my notes) part of the Milky Way, taken with the same setup at f3.2. What a nebulous, dusty place we live in!

nsng

Jemaa el-Fnaa, the main square in Marrakech, Morocco. A7R w/FE55 (pano mode)

Ron Pfister

Do you guys ever sleep in there? :cool:
It was tempting not to because the light often was fabulous 24/7. Generally, we decided day-by-day whether to stay up during the night or not, and if we did, we caught up on sleep the next day. It's an odd thing when it never gets properly dark for months. Your body seems to mind much less when you catch sleep, as long as you do get enough of it...

Edit: or did you mean sleeping in the Zodiac? No, there wouldn't have been enough room for that because of the amount of gear we lugged around (fuel tanks, shore going emergency kit, food, camera gear, drone, etc...). And we didn't even think about sleeping when we were out at night because this was the time of the most beautiful light.

Last edited:

Ron Pfister

Another day, another berg... :)

Edit: new version with reduced vignetting.

Last edited:

It was tempting not to because the light often was fabulous 24/7. Generally, we decided day-by-day whether to stay up during the night or not, and if we did, we caught up on sleep the next day. It's an odd thing when it never gets properly dark for months. Your body seems to mind much less when you catch sleep, as long as you do get enough of it...

Edit: or did you mean sleeping in the Zodiac? No, there wouldn't have been enough room for that because of the amount of gear we lugged around (fuel tanks, shore going emergency kit, food, camera gear, drone, etc...). And we didn't even think about sleeping when we were out at night because this was the time of the most beautiful light.
Ron I meant sleeping at "night".
It is a whole different world I could guess.
Great photos BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.