The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaree

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Jaree
Your photo of building with red roof is excellent.
That was the scene of the Breton Woods agreement, in 1946, when the US guaranteed that the US dollar was backed by gold at $35/ounce. When de Gaulle came to get his gold - Nixon nixed the guarantee in 1971.
Paul
Thanks Paul....and yes... that is the "Omni Mount Washington Resort". Never been inside, always outside! http://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/bretton-woods-mount-washington

nsng

Fishing boats in Berber Blue, Essaouira, Morocco. A7r w/19mm Elmarit-R

Ron Pfister

Here an image captured on one of the rare rainy days in Greenland (although there were more of them this year than is usual):

Ron Pfister

I continue to be amazed by the effectiveness of the A7M2's IBIS. I couldn't have done without!

Ron Pfister

Another insight into the spectacular geology of Greenland:

Edit: new version with altered processing

Last edited:

AlanS

Just returned from 2 weeks holiday in Scotland. I will post ad-hoc as I get through processing, but here's a couple to get started... A7, Tokina 17mm f3.5

Ron Pfister

I found IBIS very effective up to the longest focal length I had with me (Leica-R AT 4/280 with Nikon TC-14E II = 390mm). Here an example captured at 280mm. I could have easily dialled the ISO down to 200 and would still have obtained a perfectly sharp image...

k-hawinkler

Terrific images, Ron.

I have not encountered any problems with IBIS, even when leaving it ON when using a tripod. :grin:

Ron Pfister

Terrific images, Ron.

I have not encountered any problems with IBIS, even when leaving it ON when using a tripod. :grin:
Many thanks, Karl-Heinz! I haven't used a tripod once during the whole time I was in Greenland. Shows how effective IBIS is. Here an image captured at 390mm:

Edit: Just in case you were wondering, I used faster shutter speeds than normally required for this and the previous image because I had just run uphill ~100m in elevation, and as a result was unable to hold the camera as steadily as usual...

Last edited:

AlanS

A7, c/y Distagon 35mm f1.4 .....
(Morar & Mallaig)

k-hawinkler

Truly amazing Ron, very good focus! IBIS at work as well!
I can't shoot the APO-R 280/4 handheld - it's too heavy for me to hold steadily.
It's okay if I sit in a chair though. :grin:

However, the Vario-R 80-200/4 and APO-R 180/3.4 are no problem for me.
Indeed, I find IBIS to be of tremendous help in providing a stable LiveView image when manually focusing!

Status
Not open for further replies.