The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Central staircase in the Bonafantenmuseum in Maastricht (Netherlands)
A majestic piece of design by the famous Italian architect Aldo Rossi

A850 + Min 20/2.8

scho

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

A few shots taken this afternoon on a walk through part of Upper Buttermilk Gorge. A7RII + FE 35/2.8 on a tripod.

Johnny_Johnson

Beautiful images from Buttermilk Gorge Carl. There's a depression in the next to last and last images that appears to me to be too nearly circular to be natural. Do you know if it was man made and, if so, the purpose? There are similar depressions in Dukes Creek here in Georgia that were made during the gold rush but they are much smaller in scale.

Later,
Johnny

scho

Beautiful images from Buttermilk Gorge Carl. There's a depression in the next to last and last images that appears to me to be too nearly circular to be natural. Do you know if it was man made and, if so, the purpose? There are similar depressions in Dukes Creek here in Georgia that were made during the gold rush but they are much smaller in scale.

Later,
Johnny
Thank you Johnny. The circular depressions in the relatively soft bedrock (limestone and shale) are all natural. They are formed by erosion from water (and water borne sand/gravel particles) swirling around in eddies that scour out the holes.

See this wikipedia article

biglouis

I just received an impulse buy which is a Laowa 15mm f4.0 Macro(!) FE lens, which also has a 6mm rise and fall adjustment. Below is a shot taken with the 6mm fall to bring up the foreground.

The lens is cheaper than the CV 15/4.5 MkIII but a bit larger (although still quite light). I may do a review of the lens in a couple of weeks. It certainly is fun to shoot with a native FE 15mm lens and the virtual level in the display makes using it hand held possible.

If anyone is interested in the lens the details are here.

AlanS

A7, c/y Distagon 35mm f1.4 (3 image stitch)
Assynt

c/y Distagon 35mm f1.4

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

On Tuesday, I went to a Leica/Rotolight event featuring the new SL and a lighting demonstration by Mark Mann. He uses an S2, btw, not even an 006, although I believe he's moving to the 007.

This with the A7II and 50 Summicron, ISO 1000, Silver FX (the original has no grain)

--Matt

AlanS

A7, Tamron 90mm f2.5 SP 52B
Assynt

c/y Distagon 35mm f1.4

Lucille

My Grandson Christopher whom has gone with me on many of my photo adventures, this kid has shot with my Rx1, A7S, Nex 3N, A65 but mainly uses my Olympus OMD EM5 with the Leica 25mm f/1.4.

A7S, 50mm Mitakon f/.95, ISO1600, 1/200sec

ohnri

My Grandson Christopher whom has gone with me on many of my photo adventures, this kid has shot with my Rx1, A7S, Nex 3N, A65 but mainly uses my Olympus OMD EM5 with the Leica 25mm f/1.4.

A7S, 50mm Mitakon f/.95, ISO1600, 1/200sec
Nice looking boy.

The Leica 25/1.4 almost kept me from selling my EM5 kit a couple of years ago.

But the promise of the A7 line was, in the end, too strong.

I then kept my main Nikon system until Sony exploded this year with amazing glass and cameras and Samsung's NX1 let me shoot high quality 15 fps and in camera 4K video.

I await a Sony that shoots more than 2fps with AF.

-Bill

Michiel Schierbeek

I just received an impulse buy which is a Laowa 15mm f4.0 Macro(!) FE lens, which also has a 6mm rise and fall adjustment. Below is a shot taken with the 6mm fall to bring up the foreground.

The lens is cheaper than the CV 15/4.5 MkIII but a bit larger (although still quite light). I may do a review of the lens in a couple of weeks. It certainly is fun to shoot with a native FE 15mm lens and the virtual level in the display makes using it hand held possible.

Looks like an interesting lens Louis!
Could be the cheapest new shift lens for Sony as well.
Looking forward to your experiences.

dmward

Louis,
I noticed on the website for the lens that it says the 6mm rise and fall is for APS-C only.
What amount of vignetting did you see with A7 full frame?

biglouis

Looks like an interesting lens Louis!
Could be the cheapest new shift lens for Sony as well.
Looking forward to your experiences.
It appears so but of course for such a cheap price it is not without its limitations. It is a very sharp lens and certainly fun to play with.

Will it fit? Sony A7S+Laowa 4/15

Status
Not open for further replies.