The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

GNW&B - Going No Where & Back
Private train car parked at abandoned Amtrak station

Voigtlander 15mm v.III on A7Rii

Last edited:

dchew

Took the dog and the Leica APO 90 cron for a walk yesterday morning.

Dave

Thorkil

I just received an impulse buy which is a Laowa 15mm f4.0 Macro(!) FE lens, which also has a 6mm rise and fall adjustment. Below is a shot taken with the 6mm fall to bring up the foreground.

The lens is cheaper than the CV 15/4.5 MkIII but a bit larger (although still quite light). I may do a review of the lens in a couple of weeks. It certainly is fun to shoot with a native FE 15mm lens and the virtual level in the display makes using it hand held possible.

If anyone is interested in the lens the details are here.

Louis...it looks extremely sharp, perhaps sharper than the CV 15 III(???)....or is it "just" skilled pp :)thumbup:)?
Thorkil

V

Vivek

Louis...it looks extremely sharp, perhaps sharper than the CV 15 III(???)....or is it "just" skilled pp :)thumbup:)?
Thorkil
Corners do not look very flattering.

V

Vivek

Yes I noticed that, may be it can be somewhat improved with a higher aperture?
Michiel, If I am not mistaken these were not shot wide open. As Louis mentions, it has its limits. It is sold as a "macro" lens. Something that a Cosina 12 or 15 do with an adapter (focusing or fixed).

biglouis

Thorkil
Corners do not look very flattering.
Yes I noticed that, may be it can be somewhat improved with a higher aperture?
Michiel, If I am not mistaken these were not shot wide open. As Louis mentions, it has its limits. It is sold as a "macro" lens. Something that a Cosina 12 or 15 do with an adapter (focusing or fixed).
Thanks for the comments which are all valid. I do use various recipes in the NIK suite to boost detail and that often gets mistaken for sharpness.

These were all shot at f8 and I agree that the corners are not the strong point.

Incidentally, and I know this is heresy, my WATE wasn't exactly a stellar performer either which is why I sold it and kept a CV 15/4.5 in the end. The differences across the frame were marginal and not worth it. But that is my opinion.

My philosophy on UWA lenses is that they are never excellent across the frame but they are capable of creating images with impact. And for creative purposes very few people look at the edges if your content is compelling.

I haven't tried out the macro capabilities yet which is actually the reason why I purchased the lens.

LouisB

AlanS

Went out for a walk by the Wear this morning and caught a bit of Autumn colour so I will interrupt my holiday snaps to post a few....
A7, c/y Distagon 35mm f1.4

Pradeep

I just love this combo - A7RII with the Batis 25.

New York City and Whitestone Bridge.

This shot was taken hand held as I was driving over Throg's Neck Bridge yesterday, alone in the car. Passenger side window down, I simply extended my arm and took a shot from my car moving at 60mph. In the original, the window and door were in the frame due to the wide angle. This is a crop obviously. Around sunset this is a stellar view as anybody living here knows, but there is no way to photograph it from this vantage point unless you have a passenger in the car with you who can do it.

f5.6, 1/1000, ISO 400, processed simply in LR and then converted to B&W with Perfect Photo Suite.

Fall_20151024_7R2_3173.jpg

AlanS

The rest from this morning. The last one shows the old bridge for the A68 over the Wear with the new bridge behind me. A7, c/y Distagon 35mm f1.4, think I am getting the hang of this lens:D

Annna T

(...). but there is no way to photograph it from this vantage point unless you have a passenger in the car with you who can do it.
I Like the mood of that picture, very nice, well done.

As for shooting from that vantage point, funny that you see it that way : I'd prefer to have a driver and take the picture myself.. I'm driving alone in my car usually and I can't count the number of times where I have wished to be in the passenger seat to take pictures. So many missed opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.