The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggibson

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

A couple from the California coast, shot with the A7 & 24-240mm:

Michiel Schierbeek

I just hope he had camera bearers for all that gear he had to haul out to that location to do that comparison. ;) ;)

I too like the appearance of the Pentax better but the differences as viewed on the net are both excellent and either would be keepers.
Just two small bags, one on every shoulder. Both cameras with a zoom and even one extra Pentax lens.
No problem, walked around for hours, even climbed upthose cliffs on the left with it. :)

dwood

Pentax 645Z. Sony A7x. And others. The common thread is the great Sony sensors. Whatever camera system one prefers to use, as long as there's a Sony sensor in it, I'm thinking you're pretty good to go.

BTW, nice pics Michiel. Hope you're enjoying the 'Z'.

Annna T

A7R MII, 28mm f/2, ISO640, 1/160sec
I like it : there is lot of action in this pic which makes me think to Phileas Fogg novel : 80 days around the world. Plus the lighting is great.

biglouis

^^^^ Gorgeous, Werner ^^^^

Everything works in this photograph. The colours of the foliage and the distant figure.

LouisB

rondeb

I like it : there is lot of action in this pic which makes me think to Phileas Fogg novel : 80 days around the world. Plus the lighting is great.
Ironically, there is not a hot air balloon in "...80 Days". That's something that came from the movie and the most iconic thing people remember about the story.

Jim DE

Michiel, I'm a old, overweight, biker type anymore..... the idea of carrying more than a a7x and a couple lenses in a small backpack with one lightweight tripod attached very far (unless there was beer and wings with a hockey game playing on a big screen at the end of a short walk ) does not sound like fun. I had a Mamiya 645 Pro system back in the film days with a half a dozen lenses in a Halliburton metal case and even in my 20's and 30's it was a load especially lugging a Bogen along with it.

I take my hat off to you Michiel.............. your in better shape than this ol' fart ;)

Jim DE

Peak foliage is here along the White Clay Creek

A7RII w/16-35mm FE

AlanS

Sony A7, c/y Distagon 35mm f1.4
Assynt

3 image stitch

scho

A few bird portraits with the A7RII+Tamron 150-600.

Sun dozing mourning dove

Gray tufted tit mouse

Lady cardinal

Jim DE

Very nice Carl, I have that lens and actually like it better than my 70-400G when set from 550mm and lower but this lens lives on my a77II and I just can't justify putting the a7rII behind it instead. On the a77II it has the apc factor, a great AF system, and a much higher frame rate for BIF and wildlife.

I keep debating the #3 adapter and using the longer glass on the a7rII but as of right now I see my a7rII as a 90mm and under body until they offer something longer in E mount that makes more sense.

Those images do make this decision tougher ;)

scho

Very nice Carl, I have that lens and actually like it better than my 70-400G when set from 550mm and lower but this lens lives on my a77II and I just can't justify putting the a7rII behind it instead. On the a77II it has the apc factor, a great AF system, and a much higher frame rate for BIF and wildlife.

I keep debating the #3 adapter and using the longer glass on the a7rII but as of right now I see my a7rII as a 90mm and under body until they offer something longer in E mount that makes more sense.

Those images do make this decision tougher ;)
Thanks Jim. I may have to take a look at the upcoming new A mount from Sony for use with this lens.

Barry Haines

He walked right in front of me as I was taking photos (What a cheek!!!)...I considered pushing him out of the way but then realized I was an EMMET myself! :LOL:
It takes one to know one :(

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

He walked right in front of me as I was taking photos (What a cheek!!!)...I considered pushing him out of the way but then realized I was an EMMET myself! :LOL:
It takes one to know one :(

Happens all the time in the supermarket. You are contemplating a product and some j**k comes standing right between you and the product and if you're lucky they grap the last one of the product you finally decided to choose. You made him famous!

Status
Not open for further replies.