The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamSS

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Biggest mistake of the day...was on crop mode.
A lot of clouds but still no rain.
a7 + Sigma 35mm Art

Lucille

the Alien Capital of the World, Roswell New Mexico.

Sony A7, 35mm Zeiss f/2.8, ISO640, 1/160sec.

furtle

Delivering one of our machines. Southern Georgia, USA. Sony A7S with Zeiss Biogon 2/35 ZM T.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Have not been in this thread for a long while.
Going through some older files...

This is Le Treport.

They were wrongly filed by me, these can not be 24mm. Don't remember which tele I used actually.
Probably the C/Y Zeiss Vario- Sonnar 80-200mm

scho

Cayuga Lake panorama looking north from Ithaca. Three shots handheld with the A7RII + Leica R 35-70 f/4 Vario-Elmar. Processed in AutoPanoPro 3.4.

frozenbb

Uncertain bokeh, 1.

Uncertain bokeh, 2.

Apologies for the slightly missed focus on the second shot, but I wanted to demonstrate the unusual bokeh produced by this lens.

biglouis

I decided that if I was ever in funds again I would get the FE 4/70-200.

I've been using it for a couple of weeks but the weather today was the best so far. And I was given unique access to a rooftop over London's Bloomsbury area to test it out.

Spire, St George's Church, Bloomsbury.

Statue of George I on top of the spire.

This is a bit of a Mary Poppins moment - if you get the cinematic reference

I then moved on to Waterloo Bridge to get some Thames/Skyline shots

"And before those pesky Angles and Saxons came along, we owned all of this, I tell you!"

Rule Brittania - Somerset House

Performance, imho, is variable. It can be soft and hard to get sharp focus. I switched in the end to shooting at f11, instead of f8 and shots sharpened up a lot. I also kept the speed above 1/250 where possible. Not entirely sure what benefit OSS actually has as below this speed I see a lot of softness which I believe is shake. However, like my other Sony lenses it can turn in excellent results, if not consistently and the build quality makes me wonder why Sony even have a relationship with Zeiss, it is that good.

LouisB

Barry Haines

Tom, that lens boke does render rather unusually...but in a good way I think mixed with the swirling water...Cheers Barry

Louis, I have to confess a few of those shots do look a bit on the soft side at least to my eyes I’m sorry to say :(
Not sure if it’s a bit of camera shake or whether the lens just misfocused (That's if AF was being applied).
The 200mm end is the weakness of the lens IMHO and I personally prefer F8 over F11 on my particular copy of that lens as the peak performing aperture...Cheers Barry
PS. Sadly I am old enough to get the “Mary Poppins moment” reference :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.