The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenbb

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Barry, the 70-400g2 is indeed a strange beast. It's great for birds in flight on A-mount bodies like the a77ii, but on e-mount ones it becomes awkward to shoot with. It's definitely sharp enough for a zoom - about as good as any I've used - but the out of focus renderings are on the poor side. However, you're right that it worked well enough with the swirling water above.

^^^ Another nice trio of images, by the way. I particularly like the subtle mood of the last one.

Lucille

Have a safe and Happy Halloween hepcats, from the Hepkitty!

A7S, 55mm Zeiss f/3.5, ISO320, 1/2500sec

Quentin_Bargate

Hatfield Forest, today, A7RII, 16-35mm save for the 4th shot which was with the 90mm Macro OSS

AlanS

From this morning, A7, c/y Distagon 35mm f1.4
Hamsterley Forest

Barry Haines

Barry, ^^^ Another nice trio of images, by the way. I particularly like the subtle mood of the last one.
Thank you Tom...That one actually got selected by Flickr's "Explore" to my amazement :grin:

Maenads were followers of Dionysus that danced and writhed through the vines, beating their drums and sounding their trumpets.
This is a permanent display in the Eden Projects Mediterranean Biome by Tim Shaw
https://www.edenproject.com/visit/whats-here/the-rites-of-dionysus-sculpture

biglouis

Still having a lot of fun playing around with my Loawa 4/15 Macro lens, this time on the A7S

scho

Another wide view of Cayuga Lake with two regattas underway. One for the wannabe yacht club sailors and another for the flotilla of Canadian geese. Single shot with the A7RII + Contax G 35mm f/2 Planar with some foreground cropping.

Fall Creek, tributary to Cayuga Lake with Cornell University skyline in the background. A7RII + Contax G 35mm f/2 Planar.

Last edited:

biglouis

A couple from an early morning stroll around Camden Town with my A7S.

Zeiss Loxia 2/35 wide open - "Spider's Web with Seagull Bokeh"

Sony G 2.8/90 - processed in Nik Analog Pro - "Tea For The Tillerman"

Status
Not open for further replies.