The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

I have been screening some of my old Pentax and Hassy glass for candidates to use on a new Pentax 645z that is on the way. Here is a crop from a shot using the Pentax-A 45mm f/2.8 at f/8 on the A7RII with adapter. Seems to have good sharpness on center so may go into the potentially usable category for now. Click for 100% crop from original file.

A couple of shots from two more Pentax lens candidates that look even better. Still have to try the Hassy 120 f/4 macro and 40 FLE Distagon.

A7R-FS with the Pentax-FA 75mm f/2.8, two shot stitch cropped.

A7R-FS with the Pentax-A 35mm f/3.5, converted to B&W in SEP2.

Both of these lenses exhibit excellent sharpness across the frame. Remains to be seen how they perform on the 645z.

The Ute

I'm late to the party but here are a few from Zion NP w the A7rII and Batis 25.
As far as my opinion of the combo I'll just let the photos speak for themselves.
:cool:

Michiel Schierbeek

A couple of shots from two more Pentax lens candidates that look even better. Still have to try the Hassy 120 f/4 macro and 40 FLE Distagon.

A7R-FS with the Pentax-FA 75mm f/2.8, two shot stitch cropped.

A7R-FS with the Pentax-A 35mm f/3.5, converted to B&W in SEP2.

Both of these lenses exhibit excellent sharpness across the frame. Remains to be seen how they perform on the 645z.
The 35, 75 and 120mm lenses will do fine on the Z, Carl. Nice to see you join the club!:)

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet stuff on Place de la Bastille, Paris.

seb

Great shot and post. I want to eat the whole shop, now! Need some candys... I'm off...

The 35, 75 and 120mm lenses will do fine on the Z, Carl. Nice to see you join the club!:)

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet stuff on Place de la Bastille, Paris.

Barry Haines

Apologies for the late response...Thank you Ron, most kind of you :)
I'm glad you liked it :D - I thought it was a bit different but I fully understand also why it might not be everybody's cup of tea either ;)

Re: Lenses, lenses, lenses + Sony 16-35mm ^^^ Likewise I would also dearly like a 135mm, although ideally I would like it to be a fast F2/F1.8 E mount lens with AF.
I am also rethinking my Sony 16-35mm FE lens, not because it's not a good versatile lens (For me it’s very convenient not to keep switching out different FL lenses when I’m near any sea spray) but it's a zoom at the end of the day, which for me has certain shortcomings in the IQ department (In particular the 35mm end) and it’s certainly noticeable when comparing it against my 3 Sony primes (35mm Distagon, 55mm Sonnar and the 90mm G Macro)...The trouble is those 3 prime lenses have spoilt me for wanting a better SWA to WA solution!

I’m at present currently considering the MF Zeiss 21mm F2.8 Loxia which looks to be excellent lens on paper + Together with the few favorable reviews I have seen to date.
I would possibly pair this together later on with either one of the two newly designed 12mm Voigtlander E or VM mount lenses (Out in Spring 2016 E-Mount + VM )

New E mount CV12 version is 12 elements in 10 groups 12 mm F 5,6 Ultra Wide-Heliar E-Mount No filter thread

+

New VM mount CV12 version is 12 elements in 10 groups 12 mm F 5,6 Ultra Wide Heliar III VM No filter thread

Vs

Current VM mount CV12 version 2 is 10 elements in 8 groups (which is exactly the same optically as version 1)  12 mm F 5,6 Ultra Wide Heliar 67mm filter thread

Yet I have still to see any reviews on the newly designed Voigtlander 12mm E or VM mounts.

I think the new Voigtlander 10mm is going to be amazing with it’s own unique look to it!...I’m sure it will be great fun to use but it’s just going to be a bit to wide for my needs!
I have owned the Voigtlander 15mm three times before in the past (2 x Mk1 and 1 x Mk2 versions) partnered up with a Voigtlander 25mm and I used later on the 24mm Elmarit on my Leica M4 and M6's.

My old nineties Leica 21mm f2.8 Elmarit prime was pretty good and about on par with the zoom WATE at 21mm together with the 16-35mm FE at the 21mm FL but I think the Zeiss 21mm Loxia will be a fair bit better and much better suited for the Sony A7RII sensor...The Voigtlander 12mm Mk1 back then was not all that great IMHO (The Mk2 is the same optically as the mk1 version) when it was first released although others like it well enough today, I certainly didn’t think it was as good as the CV15 mk1 that is to say.

So this is my current way of thinking and my intended lens road map at the moment, when I can't alternatively just take a few steps backwards or forwards I would just gradually sensor crop my primes towards the APS-C size (17.8mp’s).

Voigtlander 12mm F5.6 MF (APS-C crop the sensor to a minimum to give a circa 18mm Equivalent FL)

Loxia Distagon 21mm F2.8 MF (APS-C crop the sensor to a minimum to give a circa 32mm Equivalent FL)

Sony Distagon F1.4 35mm AF (APS-C crop the sensor to a minimum to give a circa 54mm Equivalent FL)

Sony Sonnar 55mm F1.8 AF (APS-C crop the sensor to a minimum to give a circa 85mm Equivalent FL)

Sony G 90mm F2.8 Macro AF (APS-C crop the sensor to a minimum to give a circa 138mm Equivalent FL)

Sony or Zeiss 135mm F1.8/F2 AF (APS-C crop the sensor to a minimum to give a circa 208mm Equivalent FL)

I think the AoV spacing between those lenses shown above is pretty decent - They pretty well join up with one another when sensor cropping down to APS-C without any large gaps in the FL’s with hardly any wasted overlapping + They cover a pretty wide field of view of probably 95% of what I would ever want to shoot :)
Of course this is all subjective which lenses to choose, what suits one person doesn’t necessarily suit somebody else...I only offer this up as an alternative choice of going with over the ever growing popular 25mm Batis + 15mm Voigtlander duo that’s if you haven’t already considered it.
...In the end Annna I don’t think you could go wrong with either the 25mm Batis or 21mm Loxia...Cheers Barry

V

Vivek

Michiel, Hope you are safe and sound . just watching the reports of the horror in Paris.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

An oldie from 2012, PP'd for the first time

Enjoying the evening sun at Galveston beach

A850 + Min 85/1.4 RS

The Ute

Couple more from Zion NP.
A7rII + Zeiss Batis 25.
Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.