The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vivek

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Cloister Garden of the Abbey of Saint-Maurice

Shot last year as my A7r was still very new, with the Sony-Zeiss 24-70mm F4
Annna, What happened to the Temple of Mercury? Any remnants still left?

frozenbb

Quentin, keep "inflicting" your beautiful shots from the Keys upon us. They provide a nice mental escape from the ceaseless grey and drizzle found on Vancouver Island this time of year! :cool:

dandrewk

Quentin, keep "inflicting" your beautiful shots from the Keys upon us. They provide a nice mental escape from the ceaseless grey and drizzle found on Vancouver Island this time of year! :cool:
Just spend a few hours at Butchart Gardens. That will cheer you up! ;)

Barry Haines

Annna, that Cloister is petite and absolutely charming.
Tom, It’s just as gloomy here in Cornwall...Anymore of this grey dismal rainy weather and I will be building an Ark, the Keys look like a good place to head to!
Quentin excellent set of images, you had yourself some fantastic weather with beautiful light + marvellous skies to boot :)

Likewise I had to resort to processing some new images but from some early shots taken with the A7R
Colour and Selenium toned images of the Tin mines close to Cape Cornwall.

Annna T

Annna, What happened to the Temple of Mercury? Any remnants still left?
There were not less than eight basilica built on the same spot. The archeological site consist mainly in the foundations of walls and in tombs. There is also a catacomb where you can see a Roman arch. It is supposed that this arch was driving to the Nymphs temple. But I didn't see any remnants of the Mercurius temple. There were many stones with carved inscriptions, those stones have often been reused in the subsequent buildings. Most don't stand where they were initially.

Here a picture of the Roman arch in the Catacombs :

Abbey of Saint-Maurice, catacomb enlarged by hhh rrr, sur Flickr

frozenbb

I apparently spoke too soon, as I was able to take this one late this afternoon. The weather gods answered my call for sun, if not warmth - it was 6°C and with the wind felt much colder.

'Gnarly'

The man was perhaps 15m above the water in this shot.

Last edited:

jlm

Workshop Member

my neighborhood, G90, trying out the autofocus techart adapter in A mode; works well

Last edited:

SamSS

FE 28mm @ f8 The Light at the End of the Tunnel

FE 28mm @ f8 500 Block of Market St.

FE 28mm @ f5 The Columns

Status
Not open for further replies.