The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ute

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Around here we call this Sandstone formation "The Butterfly".

An oak and a culvert, Tilden, Berkeley

Kirk

View attachment 114345

A7rII Zeiss C/Y 35-70 f3.4 (2 files stitched)

(PS, the dry creek and empty culvert testify to our drought in CA)

Last edited:

SamSS

a7mII + 85mm ZA @ f1.4

a7RmII + FE 90mm @ f2.8

Last edited:

Slingers

Testing out the shift on a new lens.

A7S + Olympus Zuiko Shift 35/2.8

Michiel Schierbeek

Great photos

Heard good things about the Contax 24-85, just re-acquired a 35-70/3.4 to play with on the A7rII..

- - - Updated - - -

Sony camera with Contax lens photographic Leica camera with Leica lens
A7rII & Contax 35-70/3.4 lens
It is a good lens especially the range is ideal for traveling.
I only took 3 lenses to Paris, the Contax N 24-85, 70-200 (also very good better then the C/Y version) and the VC Nokton 50/1.5 for low light.
The 24-85 is a bit fat :) I really didn't need more.

"Heard good things about the Contax 24-85, just re-acquired a 35-70/3.4 to play with on the A7rII."

IMO the C/Y 35-70 f3.4 is the high quality bargain zoom for A7 series. Not the 28-70, which was a kit lens, but the one that competed at par with the Leica R 35-70 f4 (again, not the kit lens).

They sell for only about $350, render in the classic Zeiss way, and were rated as highly as their corresponding primes.

Kirk

frozenbb

The Straight of Georgia #5

Pedestrian subject matter, but I liked the color.

Annna T

Another picture taken in the basilica of the Abbey of Saint-Maurice.

Former there were numerous lateral chapels in the basilica, because each monk had to celebrate the mass each day individually. Now they can concelebrate, so the lateral chapels are no more needed; they have been suppressed and a new intimate place for meditation has been created instead. I find that the contemporary sobriety of that place is really inviting. There is a particularly soft light and I like both the lamppost and how the cross in front is just projected on the wall.

Abbey of Saint-Maurice, inside of the basilica- click to enlarge by hhh rrr, sur Flickr

frozenbb

Beautiful concept and execution, Barry. It also makes one realize just what that 35mm 1.4 can do!

I know you like to grumble about all of the "old stuff" in your neck of the woods, but I'm truly envious when I see some of the subject matter that you, Michiel, and Annna have been posting. I recently relocated to Nanaimo, British Columbia, which wasn't even incorporated until 1874! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.