The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Beautiful image Barry!
I visited this cathedral a long time ago, a true architectonical masterpiece! So is your image.

Barry Haines

Thank you Tom and Michiel, always highly appreciated both your comments :)
Tom, the 35mm FE Distagon is a fantastic lens! - It renders WO with a 3D look that makes you want to walk right into the image, it’s always in my bag despite the weight and size.

Alison and I managed to grab a couple of days break up in Gloucester where we met up with Ron Pfister, who had Ezra in the dry docks for repairs. We all had an excellent time in this historic city.
Gloucester Cathedral is a masterpiece as you say Michiel, it’s very old with it’s origins dating back to 679AD :shocked: Timeline Gloucester Cathedral | Timeline
I guess it’s that time of year with the weather being what it is, of staying dry and shooting Cathedral interiors it seems...I took about 800 images so you will all be inflicted with one or two more :(
Michiel, love all your recent Cathedral shots on Flickr, superb work my friend and likewise over on the medium format image thread :thumbup:

Another WO 35mm FE Distagon image hand held, in the style of my favourite Victorian photographer “Frederick Evans” https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=f...ved=0ahUKEwiBmIaX_aPJAhUIaRQKHXGxAzkQ_AUIBygB

The Ute

Another shot of the "Butterfly" which also provides a bit more context.

frozenbb

Nostalgia, Part 1.

Nostalgia, Part 2

Both shots were taken last summer, a few moments apart in the field above my childhood home. It was one of those situations where I didn't recognize my mood at the time of capture until much later. If that makes sense...

Annna T

Here the snow made a short appearance yesterday, the first of the season and today was freezing cold, not very conducive for photo outings. But looking through past pictures, I found that one shot in past October as the first leaves were just beginning to turn yellow. This is a half pedestrian street in the center of the city. They have designed a tortuous path for the cars which are limited to 30km/h while the coffee shops and restaurants enjoy large terraces shadowed by wisteria during the hot season.

A7r and FE 24-70mm @ 24mm F5.6 1/100 ISO 200.

_20151021_131i-2 by hhh rrr, sur Flickr

Last edited:

dwood

^^^^^^^^^^^
only a photographer would 'see' this. good one, Barry!

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

After the last firmware updates on the A7II and the Metabones adapter, the Canon 85/1.2v1 can AF fairly well. This is wide open, cropped a fair bit - about 1/3 of the area of the original frame. More CA than you can shake a stick at:

--Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.