The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Yup, and I know where the rest is :ROTFL:
Crikey Pieter!...The thieves in your neck of the woods must be pretty desperate if you need to use a chain like that just to protect a spoke :ROTFL:

A bit more fun before we turn the page....Gloucester Cathedral Cloisters was the film location where a lot of Harry Potter was shot...
Gloucester Cathedral | Cloisters

pegelli

^^ Great toning on that shot, spot on for the topic :thumbup:

EDIT: Oops, it was really intended for the last post on the previous page :confused:

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

The White House in Rotterdam "old style" (with a few giveaways it's not really an old image)
When completed in 1898 it was the highest office building in Europe (some even called it a skyscraper)

A6000 + E28/2

Barry Haines

Hand-held at 0.6 sec.?!! That's crazy talk!! Barry, I like the photo, and like it even more knowing how you captured it. Sharp as a razor.

Joe
Thank you Joe, it was probably the best of a dozen attempts + a dose of good luck that always helps ;)

Thank you Pieter ^^^^^

Taken this afternoon...Selenium Toned

Annna T

I have got a flush for that sculpture which is decorating a turnaround. It is named "et le temps passe.." because it is covered by a special painting which should change between yellow and red depending on the temperature and the season. Most of the time it is yellow, but once it had salmon/pink flecks, shaped like a dalmatian fur. The sculptor is Marie-Antoinette Gorret.

Those turnarounds are flourishing on the roads since a few decades and the different villages and communities are rivalizing to mark their space and identity. Some are decorated with flowers, others with rocks, or old agricultural tools. It is quite rare to see more contemporary art, especially in smaller villages. So this one is a nice surprise :

Marie-Antoinette Gorret .. Et le temps passe.. by hhh rrr, sur Flickr

Et le temps passe... by hhh rrr, sur Flickr
Shot with the A7r last spring. Lens unrecorded, may be the 24-70mm @ 24mm.

Last edited:

Jim DE

Lucille, I could tell your pic's out of a line up any day........ they all have your specific technical signature and are really very nice........... there must be a bunch of car show's out your way....... the ones around here the vehicles show much more salt damage and a lack of luster.

I do enjoy seeing the car's I grew up wrenching ....... thank you

frozenbb

Unafraid of vanishing points.

This particular subject was one reason I upgraded to the a7rii a bit sooner than expected. Faster af!

Lucille

Lucille, I could tell your pic's out of a line up any day........ they all have your specific technical signature and are really very nice........... there must be a bunch of car show's out your way....... the ones around here the vehicles show much more salt damage and a lack of luster.

I do enjoy seeing the car's I grew up wrenching ....... thank you

Thank you kindly, this is something I wanted, to have a certain look and feel to my images, a style that comes out.

Yes there is a lot of car shows in the Western United States, and we go to many of them. I am from New Mexico and we have a ton of car shows and car meets, in New Mexico cars
are a big part of the culture. I have several cars, have owned many and have always loved them, here is my Chantilly Lace, my 617rwhp Whipple blown 2011 Camaro, shot with my Sony A7s.

Sony A7S, 55mm Zeiss f/1.8, ISO250, 1/8000sec

jlm

Workshop Member

holy ****; 600+ hp is intense
you go, Lucille. (also my granddaughter's name)

Jim DE

Lucille, I spent 36 years in manufacturing management in the USA auto industry. Got to drive some real monsters at Clairepoint and saw some really amazing things at JTE in Detroit. Experienced all the growing pains in the industry over those years and glad to see the muscle cars return.

I guess I was just too close to 4 wheeled vehicle's and the headaches nvolved in developing and manufacturing them during my career which caused me to like Motocycles far more than cars and trucks. I still ride USA metal even at my age. But do truly enjoy your images of those vehicles a lot. Your images definitely have a unique look all of their own.

Lucille

holy ****; 600+ hp is intense
you go, Lucille. (also my granddaughter's name)

She is fun daddy-o, I had to have my Chantilly beat out my Sweet Maybellene, my 2006 571hp twin turbo GTO. These girls are jealous of each other, in fact I had to build a separate garage for Maybellene, she sleeps in her own 1200 sq ft garage because her and Chantilly don't get along.

nsng

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Lake Pukaki, South Island, NZ. One of the many beautiful lakes in the the South Island. A850 w/35-70 Vario-Elmar-R

Status
Not open for further replies.