The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Teera... +1 Excellent frozen in time moment :salute:
Karl...nice one, "The place where friends meet up" looks deserted :ROTFL:
Jose...Lovely still reflection on that lake, you obviously are not getting the gales that the UK are receiving ;)
Hiep...Beautiful evening light, captured with two superb lenses :salute:

The Ute

A few shots from a recent trip to Pine Park.
A7rII/Zeiss Batis 25.

k-hawinkler

Teera... +1 Excellent frozen in time moment :salute:
Karl...nice one, "The place where friends meet up" looks deserted :ROTFL:
Jose...Lovely still reflection on that lake, you obviously are not getting the gales that the UK are receiving ;)
Hiep...Beautiful evening light, captured with two superb lenses :salute:

Thanks Barry, excellent image, but would you want to live in that house to the left? :grin: :bugeyes:

Barry Haines

Thanks Barry, excellent image, but would you want to live in that house to the left? :grin: :bugeyes:
Thanks Karl, actually I’m not sure that I would! That suspension bridge is 90ft up in the air and probably not that easy to traverse in high winds whilst carrying all your groceries + Goodness knows how the sewage is disposed of :shocked: :eek: :shocked:
I have been fascinated by this house since the mid 60's, it has a chequered history that's worth a read if you have a minute...From Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes) to boys crossing from one side to the other in a bucket!
News

Recent(ish) marketing for the property took place on March 2012 and it sold for £950,000 Nov 2012... (internal pics. for those curious).
Property details for The Island Newquay TR7 1EA - Zoopla

Property history - The Island, Newquay TR7 1EA - Marketed for sale on 5th Mar 2012 - Zoopla

Here’s another view of it...I suppose it’s convenient if you like surfing or as what Steve said :D
A7RII + Sony 55mm FE Sonnar

k-hawinkler

Many thanks Barry.
What a fascinating story!
Thanks for sharing image and story.
It looks to me there might be more such stories behind a number of your images.
Much appreciated. I am a sucker for those details behind an image.
Thanks again.

JMaher

Barry,

A beautiful shot and a beautiful property.

Jim

- - - Updated - - -

I had a little free time today and decided to play with a composite. This is a shot taken with the Rx1 at Universal Studios' Harry Potter section combined with a photo I took at a Game of Thrones shoot a month or so ago with my A7RII. Obviously there was quite a bit of creative file manipulation as well. Not the normal photo on this forum but I thought a few might like it. I cross posted it on the RX1 section since both cameras were used.

And yes, the dragon actually shoots fire every hour or so for a few seconds.
Jim

Universal Dragon by jmmtampa, on Flickr

Thanks Karl, actually I’m not sure that I would! That suspension bridge is 90ft up in the air and probably not that easy to traverse in high winds whilst carrying all your groceries + Goodness knows how the sewage is disposed of :shocked: :eek: :shocked:
I have been fascinated by this house since the mid 60's, it has a chequered history that's worth a read if you have a minute...From Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes) to boys crossing from one side to the other in a bucket!
News

Recent(ish) marketing for the property took place on March 2012 and it sold for £950,000 Nov 2012... (internal pics. for those curious).
Property details for The Island Newquay TR7 1EA - Zoopla

Property history - The Island, Newquay TR7 1EA - Marketed for sale on 5th Mar 2012 - Zoopla

Here’s another view of it...I suppose it’s convenient if you like surfing or as what Steve said :D
A7RII + Sony 55mm FE Sonnar

LOL, you talked about sewage disposal and the next image shows a bunch of surfers right below. I don't know if they have thought about that. I do wonder how much the house on the right is going for.

And both angles are very well chosen. The lone swimmer in the previous post is also superb.

HMJones

Just a simple still life of lemons. Shot on a lowly old A7R, with a 45mm TS-E + 1.4 extension.

It's been awhile since I've stopped by this thread, happy to see it's as active and full of great shots as ever!

Barry Haines

Apologies for late response ^^^

Thanks again Karl you are very kind, we have lots of stories here in Cornwall :)
Thank you Hiep...That hadn't occured to me until you just mentioned it...I suspect each island house is fitted with a "Bog Horn" to warn the surfers before somebody flushes :D (apologies for my schoolboy SOH).
A quick bit of research for you as you were interested, the house on the right is £1.2+ million...Pics and info below
7 bedroom detached house for sale in Newquay, Cornwall, TR7, TR7

28 too many!

Last edited:

scho

A few shots along the lake shore on a balmy, spring like day. All with the A7r-FS with Contax N 24-85 + CC filter.

Winter lake draw down in progress.

Park office window.

Last edited:

Thank you Barry for the info :D. Very interesting area.

Here is a quick one from today, on my way back home

Sony A7S.Kolari + Zeiss ZM 35 1.4

Valle del Sol

Barry Haines

Lovely colours Hiep ^^^

Steam traction engine taken earlier this year at the Royal Cornwall Showground

scho

A couple of shots with the A7R-FS with Contax N 24-85 Vario-Sonnar+CC filter at the summer swimming hole below Enfield Falls in Lower Treman state park. The Kipon adapter used to fit the Contax N lens to the Sony is a bit loose and since the electronic contacts are required to control aperture in the lens from the camera I had frequent random, freezing every 2-3 shots. I will return this adapter to Adorama and look around for another that is more reliable.

Sinister alley

Kirk

View attachment 115031

A7rII 28mm f2

Claude Alley, San Francisco

(But Claude Alley isn't really so sinister. With a Parisian bistro (Cafe Claude) and a top hairdresser (Festoon) and a couple of shops, plus well-painted murals, it's a rather elegant though somewhat moody place to see.)

Last edited:

SANTACON in San Francisco:

This is a bit much, I suppose, so pardon me for posting so many files. But meaning only to go to North Beachfor a warm and quiet cappuccino at Cafe Trieste, I stumbled into SantaCon, the Santa Convention or annual pub-crawl that starts eat Union Square and radiates through the City. Here's a bunch of street/reportage images:

Kirk

A7rII 28 f2

View attachment 115038View attachment 115039View attachment 115040View attachment 115041View attachment 115042View attachment 115043View attachment 115044View attachment 115045View attachment 115046

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.