The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

And here I go again, same place, same A7rII 28:

Kirk

View attachment 115047View attachment 115048View attachment 115049View attachment 115050View attachment 115051

And finally, I could use some advice about this: As someone might have noticed, I've always used my A7 cameras for BW landscapes, and Leica for street. This is the first time I've tried the A7rII for the latter, and it's great to have autofocus; but what about the color? Though it didn't happen with my A7, all these files from A7rII had almost violently saturated reds using LR/ACR/PS – no matter which profiles I chose.

Question 1: Is this why some folks use C1?

Question 2: Or shall I stay with LR/ACR and make a custom camera profile?

Thanks for your patience with so many shots.

pegelli

And finally, I could use some advice about this: As someone might have noticed, I've always used my A7 cameras for BW landscapes, and Leica for street. This is the first time I've tried the A7rII for the latter, and it's great to have autofocus; but what about the color? Though it didn't happen with my A7, all these files from A7rII had almost violently saturated reds using LR/ACR/PS – no matter which profiles I chose.

Thanks for your patience with so many shots.
Don't know about the reds in C1 but my solution was to create a custom profile in LR/ACR. Too saturated reds have been a problem for me since the Sony A700, but easily fixed with my own DIY profile.

If you don't want to go through the hassle a -20 red saturation in the HSL panel also gets you a lot closer to a reasonable red in your pictures

seb

Just for the A7rII, I made my own general profile for C1v9 (with dcamprof) and compared it with an available one for LR (also with dcamprof, but not made by my own). The starting point looks similar in both. So, it's not an issue of the programs, but of it's profiles.

You can download the custom camera profiles, if you like, on LuLa: for C1 here and for LR here. You have to be registered in the LuLA forum to see the downloads. But there is no need to subcribe to the website.

Since then, I hardly touch the color editor, except in an artistic way.

Last edited:

seb

I had time to work on my shots from Formentera. My wife and me stayed there for two weeks in octobre. I'll post some over the next weeks and start with three shots made with the Contax Zeiss Sonnar 135/2.8 or the Leitz Wetzlar Summaron 35/2.8 on the A7RII.
It was a stormy morning and I tried to make the best out of the fact, that our appartement was not on the sunrise nor sunset side. :)

Annna T

Just for the A7rII, I made my own general profile for C1v9 (with dcamprof) and compared it with an available one for LR (also with dcamprof, but not made by my own). The starting point looks similar in both. So, it's not an issue of the programs, but of it's profiles.

You can download the custom camera profiles, if you like, on LuLa: for C1 here and for LR here.

Since then, I hardly touch the color editor, except in an artistic way.

Thanks, I'd have been interested, but I didn't find anything to download there. There were some posts with a stapple icon, but clicking didn't do anything. I guess you have to be subscribed, but it is a paid subscription.

seb

Thanks, I'd have been interested, but I didn't find anything to download there. There were some posts with a stapple icon, but clicking didn't do anything. I guess you have to be subscribed, but it is a paid subscription.
You just have to be registered for the forum to see the downloads. No subscription for the website needed. Here is the register link. The verification is a little bit odd at the beginning, but the forum has some valuable informations and an active comunity. A registration is nothing you would regret. :)
Otherwise send me a PM with your email and I send it to you.

Annna T

You just have to be registered for the forum to see the downloads. No subscription for the website needed. Here is the register link. The verification is a little bit odd at the beginning, but the forum has some valuable informations and an active comunity. A registration is nothing you would regret. :)
Otherwise send me a PM with your email and I send it to you.
Thank you for the link.. everything worked fine once I had the right link to reregister (I used to be subscribed, but a long time ago, with another Email address). And thank you for sharing those links and your profile.. I will test them this evening.

BTW, of the three pictures you have shown, I like the second one best. The colors are very subtle.

seb

Thank you for the link.. everything worked fine once I had the right link to reregister (I used to be subscribed, but a long time ago, with another Email address). And thank you for sharing those links and your profile.. I will test them this evening.

BTW, of the three pictures you have shown, I like the second one best. The colors are very subtle.
Thank you. I prefer the first, but it is heavily processed. The 2nd is quite as it was, when you look on the colors. But the lens as itself has a green cast in the center and purple to the corners. I could compensate that, but on the other hand I like difficult characters. So, why changing? :)
Let me know, what you think about the use of the profile!

scho

Some moss and lichen patterns. Sony A7R-FS+FE35/2.8+CC filter.

Dead pine tree fungus

scho

Complex sky. Sony A7R-FS+FE35/2.8+CC filter.

scho

Remnants of an old dam site on Buttermilk Creek. A7R-FS+FE35/2.8+CC filter.

An old oxbow cut off from the main flow of Buttermilk Creek, but maintained by ground water seepage. A7R-FS+FE35/2.8 + CC filter.

Last edited:

Annna T

From my window, last ray of winter sun :

A7r2 with Canon EF 70-200mm F4 L IS USM plus 1.4 extender @ 250mm and Metabones Smart Adapter IV , F8 1/250, ISO 640

_20151207_003a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

seb

In octobre the weather has to be nice on formentera for a swim, so I needed something else to calm my impation: gulls!
(all shots with the 90/2.8 on a A7RII)

@Barry: The ploughman and his horse is a really beautiful image. :)

Last edited:

DLP

Sunset, Lake Tekapo, South Island, New Zealand
a7r+24ZA

Sunset, Glenorchy, South Island, New Zealand
a7r+135ZA
Exposure Blending of 3 raw files

Status
Not open for further replies.