The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Another 21mm Loxia image...If you are looking to buy a new compact 21mm lens for the A7 series...look no further IMHO :D

This is without doubt optically the finest 21mm lens that I have ever owned to date and I have had several Leica and Zeiss lenses previous to this.

My only real hesitation in the beginning was the short focus travel between 2 metres and infinity just as David said on the other thread, having now established exactly where the hyperfocal distance setting is for my particular lens, I am 100% delighted.

It resolves fantastic right into the corners when stopped down and it has a lovely OoF rendering when used WO best seen when you focus in close-up to your subject matter.

It has very little distortion and a typical amount of vignetting that you would naturally expect from a 21mm lens it also handles flare well if shooting into the sun.

The Fab 3 as liked to call them were the Sony 35mm F1.4 Distagon, 55mm F1.8 Sonnar and the 90mm G F2.8 Macro...Now I have the fantastic 4 :D

Seriously it’s a bargain at the price IMHO certainly when comparing against all the other new 21mm lenses at this calibre.

If you already have this on Pre-Order I am sure you will be delighted as I am :)

This one is at Treyarnon Rocks...Please click on Enlargement...Many thanks Barry

Barry Haines

Another shot at Treyarnon with the 21mm Loxia just as the sun was going down.
Please click on Enlargement...Many thanks Barry

The Ute

A7rII/Zeiss Batis 25 @F2 (version 3 firmware).
Straight out of the camera.

frozenbb

In keeping with the industrial theme, here's one from 2 days ago (copper toned).

'Our Planet'

And here's one from this morning that's slightly less bleak.

'The Biosphere'

V

Vivek

Tom, I will take the bioshphere as it is a better representation of the reality over there.

Often the magnitiudes of Visibility reports on the Vancouver island and surroundings (>100 km) correspond to the traffic congestion on the auto bahn!

Norm N

A little low light photography:

The singer and guitarist Lindsay Salt performing at a house concert. The major light source is a green and yellow glass shaded
lamp.

A7R2, ISO 12800, FE 24-70mm at f4, 1st photo 1/30 sec, 2nd 1/20 sec.

-----------------------------------
Gallery: normnicholson.com

The Ute

A little low light photography:

The singer and guitarist Lindsay Salt performing at a house concert. The major light source is a green and yellow glass shaded
lamp.

A7R2, ISO 12800, FE 24-70mm at f4, 1st photo 1/30 sec, 2nd 1/20 sec.

-----------------------------------
Gallery: normnicholson.com
\

A testament to the A7RII.
The Swiss Army knife of cameras.

Last edited:

jim251

Since I don't think I would have gone belly-down in sawdust for this, the flip-screen delivers again.
I'm continually amazed at the possibilities it opens up...

A7R2, FE28, f/2.0

scho

Re-work (mainly some desaturation) of a trial Playmemories Sky HDR app image taken on a cold windy afternoon on Cayuga Lake in central NYS. Sony A7R-FS FE28/2+CC filter.

cerett

Cameo Shores, CA. A7RII, Sony 16-35mm (16mm), 76 seconds at f/16, Firecrest 10 stop ND. _DSC0537.jpg

doug

a7II, Canon FD 500mm f/4.5 L

a bit more detail:

Status
Not open for further replies.