The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim251

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Merry Christmas to all and thank you for letting me join in the fun...

A7R2, FE90mm f/2.8 (rental, sweet...)

scho

Christmas day walk in the arboretum. All with A7R-FS CC with Contax N 24-85.

Yellow willow

Pergola on Houston pond

Last, but not least, some vibrant green Christmas Fern

and Merry Christmas to all!

frozenbb

The Silver Lining (or, my attempt at capturing the night's full moon after 3 glasses of wine!)

Annna T

The light was incredible this night. I couldn't resist taking another shot of the city. Well I resisted about two hours.. But being still awake, I finally gave in, although a little too late : this is why the lighting of the castles was already spent. If the moon light looks that good tomorow, I will try to snap another one with the castle fully lighted.

In between I hope you all had a great Christmas feast with your loved ones.

a7r2 + Metabones v IV + Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM @ 85mm ISO100 F5.6 30"
From my window : moon landscape 20151226_001 by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

A bridge in Tilden Park, Berkeley, after some long-awaited rain

Kirk

View attachment 115291

A7RII Zeiss C/Y f3.4 35-70 @ 70mm & f9 (7 files)

Perils of uncompressed files: I planned to stitch these files, but forgot to switch from uncompressed to compressed – or alternately I forgot to use DNG converter to make lossless compressed files. So the original stitch was 2.55 GB, and 3.5 with some corrections. The file would print at about 20x40" @ 360 ppi. Very tiring for my home iMac with only 4GB memory – I did a few chores while it was processing. Don't do that again, Kirk! :banghead:

PS to Lucille: Vintage mink?

Last edited:

doug

Ruby-crowned Kinglet. Pretty sure this bird is the inspiration for the word "hyperkinetic".

Annna T

FRAMED – Sony 90mm Macro
Please click on Enlargement, many thanks Barry

I see that everything is going by two today : two pillars, two birds, two red/orange and similar boats and two towers in the back ! Great catch, great composition which leaves me smiling. What did you offer to the birds (seagulls ?) to get them so well positioned ?

Last edited:

frozenbb

The light was incredible this night. I couldn't resist taking another shot of the city. Well I resisted about two hours.. But being still awake, I finally gave in, although a little too late : this is why the lighting of the castles was already spent. If the moon light looks that good tomorow, I will try to snap another one with the castle fully lighted.

In between I hope you all had a great Christmas feast with your loved ones.

a7r2 + Metabones v IV + Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM @ 85mm ISO100 F5.6 30"
From my window : moon landscape 20151226_001 by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr
Annna, this is just lovely. I love the way the eyes are directed into the scene by the man-made arteries, and then begin to focus on the stunning natural beauty of the place. Believe it or not, I think it works quite well without the floodlit castles, as this gives the snowcapped mountains greater prominence. Nicely done, and thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

Barry Haines

I see that everything go by two today : two pillars, two birds, two red/orange and similar boats and two towers in the back ! Great catch, great composition which leaves me smiling. What did you offer to the birds (seagulls ?) to get them so well positioned ?
Thank you Annna, those gulls were just waiting for the fishing boats at Polruan to go out! + A bit of patience waiting for them to walk along the top of the beam...Hope you had a great Xmas day...Love those night time shots from your home, it's the colours and the lights that make it!...+ The mountains and the slight star trails....Excellent it all works extremely well...Cheers Barry

The Ute

Going from Anna's sublime shot to the mundane.
Winter cabbage test shot.
A7rII/Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art

Barry Haines

Taken from Castle Keep, Polruan – Sony 90mm Macro (BLENCOMO - Colour blended with Split Toned Monochrome)

Barry Haines

I took the boat over from Polruan to Fowey to get closer to this old fishing boat in the estuary, the water was a bit choppy but I did manage to get one sharp shot :) – Sony 90mm Macro (Tone Mapped)

A7RII Contax G 45mm Planar. A quiet moment of reflection.
A striking portrait, Christina. Usually that much blank white would upset me, but here it makes such a nicely balanced composition. And the subject turned 3/4 away really does give a feeling of reflection/contemplation, looking into the unknown. Muted color adds to the effect. Nice to see an unconventional portrait.

Rich shadow detail, too!

Kirk

(PS, 45mm is such a nice focal length. It looks like Zeiss is making Batis lenses in focal lengths that don't duplicate Sony Zeiss, so maybe they'll make a 45.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.