The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Wildcat Creek and Packrat Trail, Tilden Park, Berkeley

Kirk

View attachment 115304

A7RII MATE @ 35mm, 3-files stitched

(Unsure whether or not I enjoy the flare in the upper left corner. I'd try removing it, but I can't remember where to find the new DeHaze filter in PS!?)

Last edited:

dwood

'life below the waterline' - a7r II - Sony FE 90

This is a closeup picture of the sea creatures (barnacles) that call this decaying pier 'home'. Notice the shape of the large bolt on the right that's holding this particular section together...for now.

Barry Haines

The old building in the centre of the image just to the right of the church spire is known as “Place House”
This is the ancestral home of the Treffry family since the thirteenth century, the original structure was a fifteenth-century tower, which was defended against the French in 1475 by Dame Elizabeth Treffry.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Place_House It is best viewed and photographed IMO from onboard a boat on the river Fowey as it’s still privately owned and now enveloped by newer buildings (Split Toned).

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Oregon Painted Hills - Red Hill

I drove through snow to get there, hoping for a snow laden scene. Nope. Drove back to my hotel in a blowing snow storm ... hmm. Maybe in the morning Mother Nature will play along!

Sony A7rII, Canon 17TSE, tilt & rise. 5s f/16 @ ISO 200

Bigger Version

Last edited:

frozenbb

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Thought I'd rescue a few shots from an orphaned and forgotten Lightroom catalog.

The morning of New Years Day, 2013.

pegelli

Nice frozenbb, I think that NEX7 served you well.

Here's an even older one from me, taken in 2008 in Les Landes, France with my trusty old A700 and the Sony 18-250, also woken up from my HD this morning after being asleep for 7 1/2 years.

The Ute

I call this one "I'm all ears".
A7rII/Tamron SP 70-300 @ f11, ISO 50

Hint: Take care to study this photo at full magnification. ;)

Last edited:

cerett

A7RII, Canon 14mm f/2.8 II on a Metabones IV adaptor. Little Corona Del Mar Beach, CA. _DSC0767.jpg

scho

Gull baiting. The videographer had his wife positioned behind the trees with a large bag of stale bread while he recorded the feeding frenzy. A7R-FS CC FE28/2

frozenbb

Thanks!

And thanks for posting that shot from 2008. Intriguing capture!

Here's one from the same forgotten "roll" as it were, taken ten days later under moonlit skies. Processed recently to taste.

Moonlit cargo ship in English Bay.

The nex-7 was indeed a fine little cam, though its shortcomings (noisy files, intolerably slow af, etc.), finally prompted me to move on. One thing I did like, and which to my knowledge Sony hasn't rectified, was the ability to use an IR remote for shutter release while in magnified, manual focus assist mode (all the while staying in a magnified view). The current crop of e-mount bodies simply can't do this (though there are workarounds), and it was quite useful when shooting long lenses on a tripod. I didn't realize how useful the feature was until Sony, inexplicably, took it away. I want it back!

Status
Not open for further replies.