The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Nice catch Barry !

Our plastic cows seems to be somewhat more audacious :ROTFL:
VERY AMUSING! Annna :clap: :ROTFL:
You must have been waiting for an opportune moment to post that...nice one :)

Edit: Just dug this one up from 10 months ago...
Annna, our plastic cows tend to just lie around taking it easy chilling out :toocool:
We find the milk tastes better that way :D
What’s the point in having skis if you don’t have any snow :p :ROTFL:

Last edited:

Annna T

VERY AMUSING! Annna :clap: :ROTFL:
You must have been waiting for an opportune moment to post that...nice one :)
Your plastic cow made me smile and immediately remembered me of that one which is so incongruously perched and so strikingly red. A perfect antithesis to yours which is well integrated in a refined composition. By rare luck I knew where to find it since I had just opened its folder earlier in the evening.

frozenbb

I just spent 5 minutes googling plastic cows... Who knew there was such a global market! :bugeyes:

Annna T

I just spent 5 minutes googling plastic cows... Who knew there was such a global market! :bugeyes:
Those movements/events of "Cow Parade" were started in Zürich, Switzerland, when the "Zürcher Vereiningung" (the tourist office) set up the marketing concept and asked the Swiss sculptor Peter Knapp for a cow sculpture. He moulded the cow from natural museum models. They were all made of white fiberglass and then given to many different artists for decoration. The exhibition/event was first entitled : "Land im Sicht, auf zu Zürich" (countryside in sight, go/come up to Zürich) and took place in 1998. It was an immediate success.

There were more than 815 cows disseminated in the city, about 395 were sponsored and then painted by about 400 different and often famous local artists. At the end of the exhibition, the most interesting painted cows were offered in auction, which brought about 1.4 million. Popular culture renamed the event "Kuh'Kultur". The concept then spread to many other cities, in Chicago for instance, where it was named the "Cow's Parade" and gained an international renown, or in Paris where it became "Vach'art".

You can read more about it here : https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CowParade (German and more complete version)
Or here in English : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CowParade

Here is another interesting link on the cows parades :

Cash Cow: The CowParadeâ„¢ | Public Art Review

Edit : that last link will bring you to a short three parts essay on the global "cows parades" event, which is well worth reading.

Last edited:

Annna T

Edit: Just dug this one up from 10 months ago...
Annna, our plastic cows tend to just lie around taking it easy chilling out :toocool:
We find the milk tastes better that way :D
What’s the point in having skis if you don’t have any snow :p :ROTFL:
LOL you are quite right Barry !

jim251

"Sunday Riders"

These were shot with my A7R2 and FE90-rental at very close range and the bikes were moving pretty fast in relation to the camera. Sorry to say but under these conditions the EVF could just not keep up with the action. When the camera was moving quickly right to left the subjects are always further into the composition than shown in the EVF and it took a bit of time to develop the right amount of anticipation. Not complaining though, just reporting...

Heavy cloud cover made everything dull and lifeless so I added some special sauce in LR, the second image being a bit influenced by Barry's blending techniques.

Quentin_Bargate

A shot with the A7RII, 90mm G OSS Macro (OSS turned off) and using the absurdly named play memories remote camera control app on an iPad.

This is not a proper replacement for a studio set up (although I did use studio flash heads) nor is it as fully featured as the Cam Ranger app for Nikon. Basic focus adjustment is by tapping the screen, but zoomed in fine focus from the app is apparently not possible but as a tool in the field for remote control of the camera without a cable it looks more promising.

Last edited:

Quentin, I'm awed by the technical perfection of your photograph but can't tell what time it is.

Apple now offers a digital watch, to go with your camera. It has a simpler user interface. :angel:

Kirk

Quentin_Bargate

Quentin, I'm awed by the technical perfection of your photograph but can't tell what time it is.

Apple now offers a digital watch, to go with your camera. It has a simpler user interface. :angel:

Kirk
Apple, Schmapple, none of us really need watches these days :ROTFL:

Quentin_Bargate

I took this shot of a new fitted kitchen in my wife's Cornish vacation cottage using the Sony A7RII and Sony 16-35mm ZA OSS F/4 lens, F/10, 0.6 sec, 16mm, bounced fill flash, just before Christmas. Later on I noticed the flash gun case right edge of shot :grin:

k-hawinkler

Very nice kitchen and image.
If the case bothers you why not map it out?
Happy new year!

Annna T

Apparently I navigated to unknown countries during the night and woke up in front of a new sea populated with two curious islands. I was in awe : in almost ten years that I have been living there, I never saw such a fine and dense mist covering the entire valley.

A7rm2, Metabones v4, Canon 70-200mm F4 L IS USM, 93mm F8 1/250 ISO 100

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rrr_hhh/23753555960/sizes/l by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Knorp

Apparently I navigated to unknown countries during the night and woke up in front of a new sea populated with two curious islands. I was in awe : in almost ten years that I have been living there, I never saw such a fine and dense mist covering the entire valley.
Crikey - that's what I call spectacular, Annna !

Michiel Schierbeek

Wonderfull AnnnaT ! Almost like a lake. (the first one)

Looking over the bay of Mers les Bains and Le Treport.

frozenbb

As always, beautiful shots, Annna!

Here's one from yesterday.

The Straight of Georgia #7

Status
Not open for further replies.