The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

k-hawinkler

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Welcome to the thread Suntrip :) I paricularly like your 2nd image...nice one :) ....Hope to see more from you.
Doug, you are obviously enjoying your new A7RII together with your 90mm FE Macro...Good to have you back here once again my friend ;-)
seb...Annna’s choice of those 3 images was also my choice... Night in Sufers/Pizzo Tambo/Hinterrhein was my in order of favourite sequence.
Jose...Some of the best shots that I have seen to date from the Batis 85mm...Beautiful OoF rendering in the (Middle) 3rd image and the 4th was well seen...Excellent!

WOW! Such a terrific image! Psychedelic! Marvelous!

Slingers

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Im so impressed with the prime noise reduction in DXO. It doesnt take much for the NEX-7 to get to a noisy mess but it can clean it up with ease, i may have slightly overdone the reduction though.

NEX-7 + SEL70200G

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7792

Barry, excellent image in all respects, with spectacular sky drama. The BLENCOMO version is my favorite of the three treatments and I appreciate your showing the progression from original to final. Was the Wheal Coates Mine shown in the Poldark TV series? Looks familiar.

Joe

frozenbb

Lovely images, everyone. Fantastic work all around!

Barry, excellent image in all respects, with spectacular sky drama. The BLENCOMO version is my favorite of the three treatments and I appreciate your showing the progression from original to final. Was the Wheal Coates Mine shown in the Poldark TV series? Looks familiar.
Joe
Barry, I agree with Joe that this is indeed an excellent result. I like your "BLENCOMO" processing, though I feel like you could process this image any number of ways and the result would still be fantastic. Your beautiful original capture is what makes all of this possible!

gurtch

Really like this one, reminds me of an artichoke. Flipping it upside down (if I'm not mistaken) really brings out the abstract character of the shot.
I love these kinds of images. Well done. I recently did a few myself.
Dave in NJD681 framed.jpgD680 framed.jpgD682 framed.jpgD683 framed.jpg

Suntrip

Two pictures from a hiking trip in Jotunheimen in August. Taken with Sony A7r and the FE35 2.8. This is a really nice hiking combo.

_DSC5095.jpg

_DSC0424.jpg

Barry Haines

Joe
Thank you Joe :)

Re: The Wheal Coates Tin Mines connection to Poldark.
Film Locations Poldark (TV Series 2015– ) - Filming Locations - IMDb

I don't believe those ones actually were...The mines that you may have seen on the Cornish coast in the TV (2015 Poldark) series to my memory are the Crown Tin Mines down at Botallack, Nr. St Just towards the tip of Cornwall, some 35 miles South West of Wheal Coates...Those I have photographed a couple of times previously, a most beautiful spot that I love dearly.
First shot up (Botallack)...I have not shown here before Nex-5N 50mm Zeiss ZM Planar taken and processed about 3 years ago...But all others are more current A7R images etc.

Annna T

I love that first one both for the misty lighting the moved sea and the composition. Colors, tones are great. A lovely place, indeed.

(...)

Those I have photographed a couple of times previously, a most beautiful spot that I love dearly.
First shot up (Botallack)...I have not shown here before Nex-5N 50mm Zeiss ZM Planar taken and processed about 3 years ago...But all others are more current A7R images etc.

scho

Checking out a new AF adapter from Fringer for my Contax N lenses. I previously tried both Kipon from Adorama (two copies) that is MF only and unreliable and Daofeng from HK which has better construction, but also MF only and better reliability only with the 24-85, unreliable with the 70-200. The Fringer MK III provides both AF and MF and more important it has reliable performance w/o the freezing behavior of the other adapters.

An outdoor landscape shot with the 24-85:

An indoor snap of a 20x24 inch B&W gallery wrap print with the 70-200 on the A7r that I made today using the iPF6100 and TrueB&W RIP.

Barry Haines

This is known locally as "The Giants House" It is better known throughout Cornwall as "Trethevy Quoit".
This well-preserved and impressive Neolithic 'Dolmen' burial chamber stands 2.7 metres high. There are five standing stones, surmounted by a huge capstone.
Recent excavations showed that this type of megalith was erected in the Neolithic period between 3700-3500 BC and such megaliths were used over a long period of time as community graves. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trethevy_Quoit

Personally I find it remarkable that it has survived all these years! Especially when you consider that work commenced on Stonehenge in 2600 BC and the oldest Egyptian pyramid (Step Pyramid of Djoser) dates back to around 2700 BC, this is quite feasibly nearly a thousand years older!

I took this image late this afternoon (processed normally).
Please click on "ENLARGEMENT" Many thanks Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.