The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

seb

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

jim, I have absolutely no excuse to give :facesmack: other than it’s my whacky BLENCOMO processing...it’s inexcusable I know! :eek: :LOL: :toocool:
bah, I think, you just want to show some weakness to get more personality! :)

Thanks for your explanations. Haha, I'm so new to digital photography, that using ACR sounds old! But, I started to use it out of photoshop for some pictures. And I like the tweaks I can give, while already processing the picture in photoshop.

I have to look at the cornerfix for my old leitz wetzlar lenses... :thumbs:
and sorry for beeing :OT: !

seb

seb

Here another of the first night of the year. The yellow-red at the bottom are clouds. from left to right you can see a(n unfamous) part of the milky way. On the lower left is the constellation orion.

A7RII, 16-35/4 at 16mm, 30s, ISO3200

Mkei

A7s + Batis 25
Actually, this is my first longer shooting with this lens - from 11 to 2.30 am.
Snow was falling all the time, finally in this year :)

I'm starting to learn this focal length and more and more I like it :)

jaree

No doubt! That has more things going for it. :)
Thanks Vivek and Anna. This was my third visit to Bixby Bridge. First time (2013), by the time I reached there it was already too dark, so I headed back. Second visit (2014), I could not make it in the evening due to other plans. Third time (Dec 2015), I finally made it for this shot.

frozenbb

I needed to mentally escape the drizzle, so tonight I processed a few shots from last winter in the American desert. Thanks for indulging me!

A dynamic range.

Cloudless.

Feeling.

Annna T

I like this first one, with the contrasting tones underlining the diagonal formed by the trees :

A walk in the local woods this afternoon with the 58mm Minolta Rokkor all shot WO at F/1.2
3 image blended layers...BW Pseudo IR/Colour/Palladium toned

ENLARGEMENT

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

The pub in Doel is still open :toocool:

NEX6 + Panagor 28/2 (OM mount)

Btw, the authorities have now appointed stewards to ensure people don't enter the buildings in the village anymore. The demolition works are expected to resume later this year, so if you want to visit it needs to happen soon.
For people not familiar with this place, you can read something about it here

Barry Haines

I like this first one, with the contrasting tones underlining the diagonal formed by the trees :
Thank you Annna, my wife also prefers that one out of the three ;) ... It does have a stronger composition than the other two.
Speaking personally the last one was more representative of what I was trying to achieve here on this particular occasion. I was obviously influenced by Kirk's earlier woodland scenes by choosing to use a fast standard FL lens shot WO for a slightly softer look as opposed to using conventional wisdom of stopping down the lens and getting everything in focus from near to far off. The close up images would have been crisper/sharper looking throughout without the natural WO F/1.2 lens vignette. I was trying to let the light just depict the new life lighter branches without the moss growing on them from the older parts of the tree by either waiting for the background to fall into shadow at the end of the day or by waiting patiently for a cloud to darken the background only and do its work naturally for me :)...I used the pseudo IR layer to alter and intensify the O/A tonality of the images, which in turn gave me more separation of the lighter branches. The warmth from the palladium toning combined with the natural cooler colours kind of suited these images better IMO.

Tom, lovely crisp desert light.

Doug just admit it!...you always have that lobster claw in your camera bag for whenever the occasion permits :ROTFL:

dwood

Doug just admit it!...you always have that lobster claw in your camera bag for whenever the occasion permits :ROTFL:
I have a bag full of props with me at all times: claws, rocks, seaweed, shells, etc. It all comes in very handy. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.