The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwood

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

'winter trees, snow, river reflections' - a7rII / Zeiss 135 APO

jim251

Difficult to post after the last two great pictures ! Nevertheless here is more mundane contribution :

Seen last week in Lausanne, rue de l'Université
Sony A7r + FE 24-70mm F4 @ 67mm
Nice work, an excellent image.

takomaru

Still, post pictures of your gear at least! ;)

FWIW, the longest useful Biotar I have seen in a 125mm lens weighing several kilo grams.
I will, when I can figure out how to do it. I saw a 100 Biotar for sale recently at Kevin's camera; but now they are very expensive. I bought some old glass. modified to Nikon mount, quite a while ago. also from Kevin. Will post the photos. Sorry about the dumb error; it wasn't pretentious.

Takomaru

eleanorbrown

These probably appear a bit dark but the truth is the light was dim and fading fast by the time we got on the Galveston Ferry last evening. The sky looking east (away from the setting sun) was dim but lovely with amazing dusk colors. Most shots were out of focus...ferry was rocking, it was windy and cold with water splashing from the front of the ferry, etc but got a few decent shots using my A7RII with Zeiss/Sony 55 1.8 lens at iso 100. (last image was actually the first shot I took from the departure dock on Bolivar Peninsula. Light was little brighter but faded fast on trip over to Galveston).....Eleanor

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

takomaru

Mr. Barry Haines; all your posts are fantastic; your BLENCOMO and your alternative processes. and your photographic work; I know I don't have to go back to Cornwall as I'd rather enjoy your well informed and documented great work. This is a terrific shot as the others posted with the 21 Loxia. I have been watching these very closely as it is my prime lens on my list, and no availability in Thailand yet. Thank you kindly, Takomaru

PSon

A7ii + Tele-Tessar T* 250mm F4.0 FE

Last edited:

Barry Haines

Mr. Barry Haines; all your posts are fantastic; your BLENCOMO and your alternative processes. and your photographic work; I know I don't have to go back to Cornwall as I'd rather enjoy your well informed and documented great work. This is a terrific shot as the others posted with the 21 Loxia. I have been watching these very closely as it is my prime lens on my list, and no availability in Thailand yet. Thank you kindly, Takomaru
Thank you so much Takomaru for the very kind words :)
Hopefully you (and seb) will get your 21mm Loxia lenses ticked off your list soon...It’s a marvellous little lens and well worthy of anybody’s A7 series camera bag.

Eleanor, glad you got your A7RII back, that was really quick!...Everything is looking just fine from this end judging from your excellent images taken from the other day...liked the spacing of the gulls in the last shot.

Jose, excellent shot from the 25mm Batis (Another great Zeiss lens :D ) we are truly spoilt for choices now!...Also many thanks for the Tenba Switch 10 camera bag info, that looks a real contender for me (light and roomy) :thumbs:

Pson, great action timing and you have really excellent manual focusing skills to capture pin sharp with such a long lens :thumbup: ...nice one ;)

Doug, that can’t possibly be a river reflection it’s to perfect!...Just admit it you have a giant mirror tucked away with that lobster claw of yours :rolleyes:

Annna, not mundane at all! - I like that image very much...The bottles do look precariously positioned though on their respective window ledges, not a building I would pass by underneath just in case of a gust of wind comes along ;)

Selenium Toned

Jose Viegas

Thank you so much Takomaru for the very kind words :)
Hopefully you (and seb) will get your 21mm Loxia lenses ticked off your list soon...It’s a marvellous little lens and well worthy of anybody’s A7 series camera bag.

Eleanor, glad you got your A7RII back, that was really quick!...Everything is looking just fine from this end judging from your excellent images taken from the other day...liked the spacing of the gulls in the last shot.

Jose, excellent shot from the 25mm Batis (Another great Zeiss lens :D ) we are truly spoilt for choices now!...Also many thanks for the Tenba Switch 10 camera bag info, that looks a real contender for me (light and roomy) :thumbs:

Pson, great action timing and you have really excellent manual focusing skills to capture pin sharp with such a long lens :thumbup: ...nice one ;)

Doug, that can’t possibly be a river reflection it’s to perfect!...Just admit it you have a giant mirror tucked away with that lobster claw of yours :rolleyes:

Annna, not mundane at all! - I like that image very much...The bottles do look precariously positioned though on their respective window ledges, not a building I would pass by underneath just in case of a gust of wind comes along ;)

Selenium Toned

Love it, great BW :thumbs:

dwood

Doug, that can’t possibly be a river reflection it’s to perfect!...Just admit it you have a giant mirror tucked away with that lobster claw of yours
It actually is a river but dead still in this tucked away piece near the shore. Good thing I took those trees with me though, huh Barry? They worked out quite nicely. :ROTFL:

Jim DE

Right after the snow flurries Sunday at Lum's Pond State Park in New Castle County, DE

a7rII with the Sony FE 16-35mm

Annna T

I thought wrongly that this scene was captured with the OMD E-M5 and posted it first in the wrong thread http://www.getdpi.com/forum/4-3rds-cameras/36866-fun-olympus-omd-post678286.html#post678286 (in August I broke the shutter of the A7r and remained without it for the rest of the month, hence my error).

Here is another version less cropped : the lightning appears smaller in the picture, but one can see the constellation of the Great Bear above the clouds. I'm not sure which one is better : the wider view ? Or the cropped version ?

It was shot with the A7r and 16-35mm at the wide end.

Summer storm in the Rhône valley (_20150807_061i.jpg) by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

frozenbb

You captured this beautiful scene wonderfully, Annna! It's amazing the number of different lighting types that are on simultaneous display.

Cheers.

Here's one from late this afternoon, under dreary skies.

Our time.

Last edited:

I thought wrongly that this scene was captured with the OMD E-M5 and posted it first in the wrong thread http://www.getdpi.com/forum/4-3rds-cameras/36866-fun-olympus-omd-post678286.html#post678286 (in August I broke the shutter of the A7r and remained without it for the rest of the month, hence my error).

Here is another version less cropped : the lightning appears smaller in the picture, but one can see the constellation of the Great Bear above the clouds. I'm not sure which one is better : the wider view ? Or the cropped version ?

It was shot with the A7r and 16-35mm at the wide end.

Summer storm in the Rhône valley (_20150807_061i.jpg) by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr
I prefer this version better than the cropped. This has so many things intertwined together. Very nice capture!

San Antonio at night:

ZM 15/2.8 and ZM 35/1.4 Combo:

Bexar County Courthouse

The Riverwalk

Status
Not open for further replies.