The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

seb

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

wonderfull!
I prefer the uncropped version. Because the constellation fits perfectly into the picture and it's also a nice contrast to see the bottom of the valley. I would remove the dark corner in the upper right corner in photoshop. what was the shutterspeed?

I thought wrongly that this scene was captured with the OMD E-M5 and posted it first in the wrong thread http://www.getdpi.com/forum/4-3rds-cameras/36866-fun-olympus-omd-post678286.html#post678286 (in August I broke the shutter of the A7r and remained without it for the rest of the month, hence my error).

Here is another version less cropped : the lightning appears smaller in the picture, but one can see the constellation of the Great Bear above the clouds. I'm not sure which one is better : the wider view ? Or the cropped version ?

It was shot with the A7r and 16-35mm at the wide end.

Summer storm in the Rhône valley (_20150807_061i.jpg) by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

chiquita

A couple more from Lumiere London....... this is where the display began, King's Cross London. I went with the camera club but to be honest we wasted far too much time here, arriving far too early and waiting for too many people to turn up..... by which time I was frozen to the bone and in fact this was the least impressive area to see the light displays. We arrived in London before 3 pm and the actual event didn't start until 6.30. By 6 pm I was just too cold to carry on. If we had been moving it would've been fine but as it was we were just hanging around :( A7RII FE55 1.8 VSCO filter.

Lumiere London by christilou1, on Flickr

Lumiere London, King's Cross by christilou1, on Flickr

Stormvogel

My first shot here.

A7II and fe70-200.

Two towers.

Kind regards Willem.

Last edited:

Annna T

You captured this beautiful scene wonderfully, Annna! It's amazing the number of different lighting types that are on simultaneous display.
Thank you ! Those A7r are wonderful for night photography : they are increasing what is visible, making subtles differences more evident.

I prefer this version better than the cropped. This has so many things intertwined together. Very nice capture!

San Antonio at night:
Thank you for offering your advice. I think that I like the larger version better too. The courthouse pictures are my favorite in your series of San Antonio.

wonderfull!
I prefer the uncropped version. Because the constellation fits perfectly into the picture and it's also a nice contrast to see the bottom of the valley. I would remove the dark corner in the upper right corner in photoshop. what was the shutterspeed?
Thank you Seb, you are right I could have taken that bit of roof in the corner away. As for the shooting settings : 30 sec. F4 @ ISO200.

Here is a night picture taken with the A7r and FE 24-70mm @ 24mm; 1/10 sec. F4 ISO1600

Lausanne, the Cathedral by night

Lausanne Cathedral - click to enlarge (20160113_327a7r2i)
by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr​

Last edited:

Barry Haines

Taken this afternoon at Bude....”There and Back” this couple managed to cross the breakwater and remain bone dry :)
A7RII +21mm Loxia

So I thought I would give it a go :)....I got half way and then.... :facesmack: :cussing: :angry: :thumbdown: :banghead: :cussing:

frozenbb

I dunno, Barry, I think the surf gods may have been evening the score... They have long memories you know! :LOL:

This young lady was making her way off of the beach at Newquay, when unexpectedly for her a rather large surf wave came in from out of the blue :cussing:

Barry Haines

I dunno, Barry, I think the surf gods may have been evening the score... They have long memories you know! :LOL:
Tom, what a good memory you have...I had forgotten all about that one!
I only got wet up to my knees, so I guess I shouldn't complain when I see her...but it was freezing cold!

Another one from yesterday.

k-hawinkler

Tom, what a good memory you have...I had forgotten all about that one!
I only got wet up to my knees, so I guess I shouldn't complain when I see her...but it was freezing cold!

Another one from yesterday.

Barry, great shots. What's that light beam to the left in your last image?

jim251

^^^ Love the shop window series... Very nice work, so by all means please keep 'em coming...

jim251

"Shrimp Bokeh" - Batis 25 at minimum focus...

A7Rm2, Batis 25, f/2, iso 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.