The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbay

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

This is my first time posting in this thread. Went to Scripps Pier in La Jolla on sunday (never been before) and got lucky. Shot with A7R2 and 16-35 FE.

bay046368.jpg

frozenbb

Btw, lovely image, Stephen. Welcome to the Sony side of things!

I was playing around with the Sony "Smooth Reflections" app. For the most part I'm impressed, though I wish it allowed the use of the silent shutter or efcs mode. Who wants to carry a bulky tripod?

I pushed this image a bit, but the unprocessed one has ridiculously low noise thanks to 128 images being stacked internally! Anyway, it's worth exploring if you're one who likes to use ND filters (I'm not), or has a problem with noise.

The Straight of Georgia #9

Incidentally, the foreground in this shot is BC, Canada, but the large peak in the background - Mt. Baker- is located in the U.S.

JMaher

Wow - fantastic work in those last few Images, Barry, Lucille, frozenbb, seb...

V

Vivek

The Straight of Georgia #9

Incidentally, the foreground in this shot is BC, Canada, but the large peak in the background - Mt. Baker- is located in the U.S.
Brings back memories of my student days there (Victoria). :)

pegelli

The previous picture was converted to B&W, to fit with the "Mannequins and shop windows" series, but I think that I prefer the color version for this one. What do you think ?
Annna, let me confuse you by saying I like both. The B&W is quite graphic and a good punchy B&W conversion helps that, but it's more about shapes and lines then the actual subject. The colour version is more about "Mannequins and shop windows" and has a shopping street mood that the B&W version misses. So I think it's more about where and for what purpose you use the picture that dictates which one to use.

gurtch

We finally were able to get out of our home after being flooded in all weekend. A7RII and Zeiss 16-35 FE lens.
Thanks for looking.
Dave in wet Long Beach Island NJD701 framed.jpgD702 framed.jpg

nikonf

Very pretty!

You just made up my mind for me - I am ordering this lens right now - I miss shooting macro with my D800E (Sold).
I finally decided to get the Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro : an online dealer was offering a 10% rebate on all Sony gear and helped with the decision that it was the right time to get one. It arrived this morning and I had a little play with a just received maze of tulips. Hopefully this will bring you some sunny colors in this cold winter day.

Tulips 20160125 _DSC3858a7r2i
by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

dmward

It was quite cold here one morning.
This is the sunrise over Lake Michigan with ice fog on the open water and low clouds on the horizon.

Annna T

Very pretty!

You just made up my mind for me - I am ordering this lens right now - I miss shooting macro with my D800E (Sold).
Thank you ! Yes, that is a nice lens, somewhat big in relation to the body and for a mirrorless system. This is what has retained me from getting one earlier. But I don't regret the purchase. I hope you'll be happy with your purchase too.

Michiel Schierbeek

Walking home in Amsterdam after a nice dinner and a few cognacs with friends. With the Canon FD 55/1.2

seb

From the weekend, while I was cross country skiing in Studen:

A7RII with FE28/2

Jose Viegas

Some BW images with the A7RII and the Batis 25mm.

Stitched panorama from 3 shots:

Slingers

Playing around with a new cheap ring flash plus eye af with the a7s and fe 55/1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.