The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmward

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

This is a two frame handheld pano I merged in LR and applied the newly included warp feature to fill the edges to maximize the image size. Reasonably good job.
Some Lightroom processing as well.

This is a couple of hours after sunrise but still some color in the southeastern sky.

Lake Michigan offers an infinite variety of visual stimulation for photographers. Its probably my favorite long term subject.

20160113DSC06406-Pano.jpg

I did a post in the processing sub-forum that compares the final image size with and without applying the warp slider. Naturally the more extreme the spherical or cylindrical proportioning of the merged pano the more impact the warping has on the final proportions.

sbay

I went to Sunset Cliffs last night (san diego). I was going to test the smooth reflection app but forgot about it until the light was almost gone. I will post my test shots later.

Shot with A7R2, 16-35, polarizer

bay046584-Edit.jpg

frozenbb

First among equals.

Forgot to mention, this was another test of the 'Smooth Reflections' in-camera app. If you've got static subject matter, and want entirely noiseless files, the app works wonders. Now, obviously stacking frames to reduce noise can be done later in pp software - think astrophotography - but the beauty of this tool is its ability to handle the stacking in camera. Moreover, the resulting composite image is a nice and malleable raw file! The only thing it can't do is align images before stacking - hence the need for a decent tripod - because this step would require more processing power than current cameras can muster.

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere on this forum!

Last edited:

gurtch

Composite. Foreground - A7RII 16~35 mm Zeiss FE. Sky - D703 framed.jpg Nikon D800E Tamron 24-70 f2.8 VC lens. Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ

frozenbb

I couldn't decide, so I'm inflicting all three versions upon you! Taken earlier tonight.

The Straight of Georgia #10

The Straight of Georgia #10.1

The Straight of Georgia #10.2

Last edited:

Annna T

I couldn't decide, so I'm inflicting all three versions upon you! Taken earlier tonight.

The Straight of Georgia #10
The first one for me ! Without the underlining of the horizontal orange/yellow colored cloud, the right side becomes a little too heavy. May be a mix of the third and first ones would work too, but the first has already very mute/soft colors, so it may not add much. As is, I find the third a little too dark/saturated.

frozenbb

Lovely owl shots, Doug. Approximately at what distance were those taken?

Cheers.

D

Deleted member 7792

Tom, I like #10.1 best. It reduces the image to shapes and tones, and the water and rocks mimic the sky. Although the subtle color in the first version (#10) is interesting, it may actually detract from the composition. The lines and tonal range of the second version are really attractive. Just my two cents.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.