The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Further follies

This one needed more post-processing, with the colors muted because of back-lighting.

It's a bit like learning to play an unfamiliar musical instrument. (And I couldn't even learn the recorder.)

Kirk

View attachment 116165

A7rII, Mitakon 50 0.95

Annna T

Marjorie and vidomnat, in Sion. Those buildings and towers were built in the XIIIth century and first inhabited by the main officers of the bishop, then for four centuries by the bishop of Sion himself (who was also the temporal power). It was destroyed by a fire at the end of the XVIIIth century and later rebuilt by the state and occupied by the military. Since 1947, it is housing the Museum of Art.

A7r2 and FE55mm F1.8 @ F5.6, 1/800, ISO200

Last edited:

Still 'pictorializing,' but this time with an elderly Leica lens.

Unfortunately I'm concluding that no one lens is consistently better for this sort of look.

Kirk

View attachment 116184

A7rII, 5cm 1.5 Summarit (2 files stitched to make a square)

Last edited:

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Evening view over the harbour of Antwerp and the river Schelde, with in the back the pontoon bridge that was there a few days in 2014 to remember the start of WW1 (in which a lot of people fled Antwerp across such a bridge)

NEX6 + M Summaron 35/2.8

The Ute

One view from our backyard of Hurricane Mesa near sunset.
Sony A7RII/Zeiss Batis 25mm

frozenbb

Another attempt at the same subject.

Neck Point.

Neck Point. (dilute ambrotype toning)

These are initial sketches, really, so be warned: You may see more of this area!

Barry Haines

Porth Ia (St Ives in Cornish).
Sony a7rII + Sony 35mm FE Distagon
Please click on Enlargement...Many thanks Barry.

tbhv55

Around the house. Sony A7R2 + 40mm Canon
Thanks for your post - this interests me, because I'm contemplating switching my 5D for an A7II (not the A7RII). I have a couple of EF lenses, and am interested in how they might perform on the A7II, so I have some questions:-

1. How do you find EF lenses in use on the A7RII? At the posted size, the output looks good - does it hold up at larger sizes, too?

2. One of the things that I like very much about the EF 40mm f/2.8 is the small size. It seems that the addition of an adapter would (more-or-less) double the physical length of the lens - is that correct, and if so, does that bother you?

3. Do you have the EF 85mm f/1.8, and if so, how does that perform on the Sony?

4. Which adapter are you using, and what 'downsides' (if any) have you found, in practice, with the use of adapters?

Apologies for so many questions, and TIA...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.