The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbay

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

From friday night in North Park, San Diego. The sign is maybe 100 ft from my apartment. Taken with A7R2 + canon 24mm TSE II.

bay046880-Edit.jpg

gurtch

A7RII, Zeiss 16-35mm ISO 400 f11. Three shot (+/- 2 stops each) HDR bracket with monopod. The continuous bracket with the A7RII seems to work with a monopod: images line up fine.
Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ

D705 framed.jpg

nsng

In January, I spent a total of 15 days in Ethiopia. This is my second trip to cover those areas I did not visit during my first trip in April 2014. Here are a few images, more to follow.

A7r2 w/FE55.

nsng

One of the highlights during this trip was to observe the celebration of Timkat or Epiphany. This is celebrated throughout Ethioipia and is one of the 2 major festivals in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church's calender. There is a procession during the first day as the replicas of the Ark of the Covenant are brought out from the churches. Thousands of Ethioipian lined the streets to join in the singing, chanting and dancing. On the second day, after the priests have blessed the pool, the real activity began.

A7r2 w/FE55

gurtch

Well, we are flooded in for the second day in a row, and cannot leave our home, so I decided to process some images I shot a week or so ago. A7RII Zeiss 16~35mm lens at 16mm ISO 400 f11. Another HDR three shot sequence on monopod, 2 stops over, 2 stops under, one per meter. The auto bracket works very well with monopod....the image alignment is perfect at actual pixels.
Thanks for looking
Dave on flooded Long Beach Island, NJ
www.modernpictorials.com
D708 framed.jpg

Jose Viegas

I've been this last weekend in Guarda, Portugal, for carnival.

Here's some random shots I made on the city. I used mostly the Sony 35mm 2.8 and the Batis 85mm, but also the Sony 55 and the 16-35. I also took the 70-200 but used it less.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

The river Jeker near Maastricht (Netherlands)

A850 + Min 20/2.8, Lightroom stitch of 4 handheld shots.

Annna T

From last January. The building with the bulbed roof in the background was constructed for the first bank of the state, I learned that recently. It was built in the XIXth century. In the sixties and seventies, it became a library where we used to work for our exams. Now it is a place where the state's archives can be consulted.

A7rm2 with Sony FE 55mm F1.8

Espace des Remparts, 20160105_061a7r2i-4
by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Barry Haines

Merrivale to Foggin Tor
This would be a fantastic area on Dartmoor to film Sherlock Holmes “The Hound of the Baskervilles”
In fact about 3 miles due East of here, lies the swampy land known as Fox Tor Mires. This is said to have been the inspiration for the fictional Grimpen Mire in the novel "The Hound of the Baskervilles" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. This wide expanse of peat bog continues to be dangerous to walkers, especially after heavy rain.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Tor

jim251

Merrivale to Foggin Tor... [snip]
Barry, I hope that late at night in the back room you are busy culling your outstanding body of work into the book we all know you have in you...

And as soon as you're ready to go, please send me the pre-order link.

Seriously...

Status
Not open for further replies.