The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurtch

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

A7RII 16~35mm Zeiss FE. Camera braced on railing for three shot (2 stop bracket) HDR sequence.
Dave in NJ
D709 framed.jpg

dwood

'2/21/16' - a7rII / Zeiss Milvus 50/1.4

This is an odd picture. The only signs of winter here are the bare trees and frozen (but melting) pond. We usually have 2-3 feet of snow on the ground in Maine at this time of year. It's been a very mild winter thus far.

Annna T

From my window on the other side. There was another castle standing at the top of the hill, the castle of Montorges. It was burned not long after its construction in the XIV or XVth century and never rebuilt. People of the surrounding villages have been stealing the stones to built their homes, so really not much remains of it. What you see on the left is a statue of the virgin with child.

A7r and Canon EF 70-200mm F4 L IS USM

Castle of Montorges - 20160221_107a7r2i
by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

takomaru

Portrait of an Ethiopian Girl. A7r2 w/FE55

Terrific shot, love the tonal range, expression and isolation and sharpness and contrast of the 55 1.8; I've liked all your series in Ethiopia; memories from a lot of years back. Thank you for posting. Takomaru

Barry Haines

Another one of my 10” x 8” Gandolfi transparency images taken with a 81EF warm up filter on a Schneider 165mm Super Angulon, at the Isle of Dogs (November 1988)...Also copied via A7RII + Sony 90mm macro via window light...At the time of the photograph I was working in the next door building along Marsh Wall, Canary Wharf, London.

Now move on 8 years later in time to 9 February 1996 (20 years ago) and this building went under a significant transformation by the IRA, in which several people were killed, 100 people hurt and £150 million worth of damage was carried out... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Docklands_bombing

Warning: This live (at the time) video may possibly upset (1.03 min) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whxrifEEjMU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK2...vJzIi2wrYRU8Dp-1TnCDbdMlyN6PIt2jq6IR5Jm6yxTg_

The building was later completely demolished and replaced by the Hilton London, Canary Wharf.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...m2!3m1!1s0x487602c7a41bdcd1:0xce0b84232f9fa4e

This image remains a lasting record to that building.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Beautifully decorated facade and statue on a pub in Leuven (Belgium)

A850 + Min 200/2.8 HS G

nsng

Terrific shot, love the tonal range, expression and isolation and sharpness and contrast of the 55 1.8; I've liked all your series in Ethiopia; memories from a lot of years back. Thank you for posting. Takomaru
Thank you for your comments. I love travelling in Ethiopia. Ever since my first trip in April 2014, I decided to make another trip to cover those places I did not visit during my first trip. This image was captured under harsh afternoon light in a market place in Lalibela. The A7RM2 sensor is so good, I was able to recover details in the deep shadow areas and at the same time the highlight details were preserved. Interestingly, most of my images during this trip were captured with the A7RM2, rather than with my M240.

jotloob

Subscriber Member

TABERNA POMPEYANA :ROTFL: . But for sure , my ideal of beauty is very different :salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.