The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Wonderful in industrial black and white, Barry! Very suitable.
This bridge is engraved in my memory, only from books, as one of the first examples of the industrial revolution.
It inspired me in the eightys for a lot of sculptures I made at the time.
Thank you Michiel...Ironbridge as you say is one of the very earliest examples of the Industrial Revolution

The 17th century Feathers Hotel at Ludlow with its ornate Jacobean carvings

Barry Haines

Looking into Snowdonia National Park
Taken WO (f/4) with the Sony FE 70-200mm
Please click on Enlargement many thanks Barry

f 10

Èze and Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
a7r | Olympus Zuiko Auto-T 3,5/135 mm

Annna T

Roundabout are trendy these days and flowering at almost each crossing. It is interesting to observe how local communities are seizing the occasion to express their identity and what they are doing of these places.

A while ago I posted the picture of a roundabout decorated with a contemporary sculpture :

Marie-Antoinette Goret "et le temps passe"
by hhh rrr, sur Flickr

Not far away at a much busier crossing another roundabout was arranged by another local community : it is in total contrast to the preceding one.

Conthey roundabout - 20160306_048a7r2i-4
by hhh rrr, sur Flickr

Last edited:

Annna T

Llanfyllin, Wales - BLENCOMO
A7RII / Sony 90mm Macro FE
Please click on Enlargement...Many thanks Barry

ENLARGEMENT[/CENTER]
Barry, you are giving us another beautiful landscape. I like the colors and tones and the curves.. Thank you for sharing. Glad you are back, I was missing your daily pictures.

Barry Haines

Barry, you are giving us another beautiful landscape. I like the colors and tones and the curves.. Thank you for sharing. Glad you are back, I was missing your daily pictures.
Annna, thank you so much for your kind words :) :thumbup:

We (that is Alison and myself) took a short break up in Shropshire, staying in a very interesting historic Tudor building (500 years old). We took the Catherine of Aragon Suite.
http://www.theoldhousesuites.com/#!the-catherine-of-aragon-suite/c1p1n
The only problem was that the WiFi was just so erratic with the thick walls and just way to slow to upload any images, needless to say I had to wait until I returned back home :(

History if interested... http://www.theoldhousesuites.com/#!history-/ci5g

The house originally belonged to Sir Thomas Bromley (1530 – 11 April 1587) who was a 16th-century lawyer, judge and politician who established himself in the mid-Tudor period and rose to prominence during the reign of Elizabeth I. He was successively Solicitor General and Lord Chancellor of England. He presided over the trial of Mary, Queen of Scots and died three months after her execution.

frozenbb

Indeed Barry, lovely work as always. I particularly like the processing of 'Llanfyllin' and 'bala - Wales'. They really pop!

Here's one from late this evening.

The Straight of Georgia #12

And yes, in case any are wondering, this is a color image...or at least I thought it was!

SamSS

Who said ducky are ugly?
7R2 + FE90 @ 2.8

7R2 + FE90 @ f5

7R2 + 50mm ART @ f1.4

D

Deleted member 7792

Llanfyllin, Wales - BLENCOMO
A7RII / Sony 90mm Macro FE
Please click on Enlargement...Many thanks Barry

A beautiful scene, Barry. Well captured. :thumbs: It's good to have you back from your getaway.

Joe

D

Deleted member 7792

Mona Lisa smile

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.